Control panel airbag light staying on

CAW1966

My 2008 Ford Edge has an airbag light on the control panel that started staying on this AM on the way to work. Is this a common issue on the Edge? I have also found several complaints of airbags not deploying in accidents which has me concerned. There has been no accident that would cause light to come on.

It's probably a wiring/connector issue but you should get it checked out to be safe.

Another possibility is a weak battery. That was a common issue on the Fusions where the airbag light would come on when the battery was weak, especially when starting on cold mornings. If your battery is more than 3 years old or you've had difficulty starting you might want to go ahead and replace the battery.

• 3 months later...

There is a weight sensor on the passenger seat, and if there's anything in the seat and it's under about 50 lbs, the passenger airbag is deactivated and the light will be on. It will also be on if the seat is empty and the seatbelt is buckled. The airbag is also disabled when there is nothing in the seat and the seatbelt isn't buckled, but the light stays off for that one

• 4 years later...

Hi! Such problem has appeared also at me. The accumulator is completely charged, but the problem has come with fall of temperature, this coincidence is possible. The badge of an airbag behaves on a miscellaneous, can not shine, can be lit in the course of driving. Any your thoughts on this problem how to eliminate it? Thanks.

Both complaints, one thing to try, first pull the fuse then pull and clean the connections. Aplly dielectric grease on all pins and reassemble. (Temperature sensitive connections are almost always do to a slightly corroded connector.)

Thanks, isn't absolutely clear where to clean sockets? In the block of safety locks under a cowl of the car which is responsible for power of an airbag or it is necessary to clean those sockets which go on power of an airbag under a driver's seat and a chair of the forward passenger?

I have checked the safety lock 46 which is responsible for Airbag, it is serviceable! what else actions can be made for check. During the movement the badge sometimes shines sometimes it doesn't shine during the whole time of the movement. Any your thoughts please!

Edited by EDST777

Hi, everybody. My observations yielded result. I found out that Airbag bulb, begins to shine when I turn out a wheel in left against the stop, thus I came to a conclusion that it is a problem of contact group of a wheel. I found previously that it is called Angle Sensor 8T4Z3F818A. It is that part which I suspect, or it is other part which settles down over it? Any thoughts. Thanks.

Thanks, but I asked above a question, possibly it is not the position sensor of a wheel, but it is Air Bag Clockspring and in my opinion, having studied experience of correction of malfunction at other people, it is more suitable option for replacement and more probable. I am afraid to make the wrong choice of a detail and to order not necessary. It is strange that nobody speaks about it here, so it is the most probable cause, especially in my case because it occurs at turn of a wheel.

Most issues discussed on this forum occur only once in a while.  A few issues occur much more frequently.  This issue is a rare one indeed.  If the wheel speed sensor and wiring check out ok, then the steering angle sensor is the next most likely candidate.

Since you have Forscan, try and see if there are PIDs relating to this, might prove out the theory.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Most issues discussed on this forum occur only once in a while.  A few issues occur much more frequently.  This issue is a rare one indeed.  If the wheel speed sensor and wiring check out ok, then the steering angle sensor is the next most likely candidate.

Since you have Forscan, try and see if there are PIDs relating to this, might prove out the theory.

I display the following mistakes: B1318-20 the Low charge of the accumulator, is connected with the fact that I installed the bad accumulator for two days to load the. Has no relation to this case.
B1342-20 - Module of system of classification of the driver / passenger. Mistake, it is possible because I laid down easy subject on seat of the passenger and the bulb under the audio system which reports that pillow of Airbag it is disconnected shone. Or I do not know why it has appeared. LOL. I would like to hear from you, your opinion.
B2293-20 Failure of airbag. Problems with spring of loop of wires or chains of joint are possible.
Whether it is possible to receive PID of this mistake how to make it to learn PID?
B1032-20 - the Short-circuit of electric circuit of the satellite antenna. The emergence reasons are unknown to me.
B2312-20 - error of the sensor of horizontal feedback of steering of mirror. I think, has arisen accidentally after put mirror in parking situation and has pressed down it.
  I am disturbed by B2293-20 errors (to understand what part to change spring of hours or the position sensor). Your any thoughts.

Edited by EDST777

• 2 weeks later...

I eliminated it. You will need to remove and sort Air Bag Clockspring (an understeering loop), to take a loop and to repair it. On a loop there are two spare tracks which are specially intended for repair replacement. I used one of them. The most part of time left to find the damaged track. There are many videos about replacement of Air Bag Clockspring, but but it is not enough about its repair and at all of nothing about repair of Air Bag Clockspring on Ford EDGE. It will be useful for those who do not want to pay $100 for new Air Bag Clockspring and it is possible for service.

• 2 years later...
On 11/14/2018 at 11:13 AM, EDST777 said:

I display the following mistakes: B1318-20 the Low charge of the accumulator, is connected with the fact that I installed the bad accumulator for two days to load the. Has no relation to this case.
B1342-20 - Module of system of classification of the driver / passenger. Mistake, it is possible because I laid down easy subject on seat of the passenger and the bulb under the audio system which reports that pillow of Airbag it is disconnected shone. Or I do not know why it has appeared. LOL. I would like to hear from you, your opinion.
B2293-20 Failure of airbag. Problems with spring of loop of wires or chains of joint are possible.
Whether it is possible to receive PID of this mistake how to make it to learn PID?
B1032-20 - the Short-circuit of electric circuit of the satellite antenna. The emergence reasons are unknown to me.
B2312-20 - error of the sensor of horizontal feedback of steering of mirror. I think, has arisen accidentally after put mirror in parking situation and has pressed down it.
  I am disturbed by B2293-20 errors (to understand what part to change spring of hours or the position sensor). Your any thoughts.

Hi, I've got a bug when I'm diagnosed with a B1342-20 scanner, and there's no other bugs or messages, so it's okay. What can this mistake say? Is this a front passenger clasification error or something? Any thoughts please...