Slow to Engage

Normandy

Any issues using the shifter itself, or gear shifts while driving? I was thinking some liquid spilled into that area, got under the console, and is jamming up mechanically or electronically. Did the dealer pull codes?

No, driving its great. Its only slow going from Park to anything else.

Hi everyone, I noticed that when i change gears, i.e Park to Drive or Reverse, the gears are slow to change. Is this and issue on the edges? I had the wife take it to the dealer and they tell me the trans fluid is fine. Thoughts?

Hey Normandy,

Have you been to the dealer for this concern? Let me know and I'll look down possible avenues of assistance.

Todd

Hey Normandy,

Have you been to the dealer for this concern? Let me know and I'll look down possible avenues of assistance.

Todd

My wife took it in a few days after we bought it and informed them of the issue. According to her, they said that the transmission fluid was ok and if there were any issues, its under warranty. I looks like i may have to talk to them if i want it seriously looked at. What did you have in mind? Thank you for the reply.

My wife took it in a few days after we bought it and informed them of the issue. According to her, they said that the transmission fluid was ok and if there were any issues, its under warranty. I looks like i may have to talk to them if i want it seriously looked at. What did you have in mind? Thank you for the reply.

You're welcome. I'd like to put you in touch with your regional customer service manager, who, along with your dealer, will find a swift solution for this concern. In many cases, CSMs share resources with dealers that may not have been immediately available prior to this escalation. They'll also guide you through the process and answer any questions you might have. In order to proceed, please send me a private message (PM) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Todd

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that the transmission issue was corrected. Apparently there was a TSB on the issue. The dealership was able to correct it with a software update for the transmission. A special thanks to Todd "Fordservice" for his assist in getting my issue correctly quickly. Thanks again :hat_tip:

• Like 1

I "supposedly" got the update too (don't really trust my dealer, and he's the only where I live), I can say it is better, but not totally eliminated. What is gone was a clunk that happened when pressing the accelerator after coasting for a while, a clunk that seemed to happen due to the timing of a downshift. I still have a clunk that feels like a loose driveshaft coupling or play in the rear differential.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the transmission issue was corrected. Apparently there was a TSB on the issue. The dealership was able to correct it with a software update for the transmission. A special thanks to Todd "Fordservice" for his assist in getting my issue correctly quickly. Thanks again :hat_tip:

You're welcome, Normandy. All in a day's work. :rockon: Let me know if you have any further questions, and have a great weekend!

Todd

• 5 months later...

Hi Todd

I am hoping that you will have access to this post...

I have a 2011 SEL Edge. I had the same thing happening with my transmission during accelerating. I had it repaired under TSB 11-5-6. I had brought it to the dealer and of course they "never heard" of this problem before. They suddenly knew what I was talking about after I brought them that TSB. I thought it was repaired, but it has been happening again. I did more research and found there was another TSB issued for this same problem TSB 13-3-18. I contacted my dealer asking about this, but was told it would not be covered because my vehicle is no longer under warranty.

My question is....If this problem is preexisting, and they are fully aware of it, why would it not be covered under the original warranty? If it is just programming, can Ford mail me the update on a thumb drive and I can install it myself?