Tinted Tails - Unique Coatings

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sweet! :D

Ok, so we have Jillo79 and Abrannan19 on board for sure!

From the order of the posts in this thread I would say we need to move 2&3 to 3&4 and slip Jillo into 2nd. If there's any problem with that it's of course fully up for discussion. I'll go ahead and adjust the list until I hear otherwise.

And with Abrannan19 ok with 6th we're just looking for one more Edge owner for 5th place!

NYEdge? We don't all have to get the same level of tint if you'd like light...

Ā 

At this point it would seem, assuming everyone on the list is ready to go now, that we either need that one more person... or we check with Chad and with each other and go $60 instead of $50 and get this thing going immediately!

Ā 

1. Scoopo

2. Jillo79

3. gfhii

4. lee6379

6. Abrannan19

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

~

I'm obviously assuming 1st position - considering the time and whatnot I've spent communicating with Chad and trying to get all you together.

I hope no one has a problem with that :mellow:

~

Sweet! :D

Ok, so we have Jillo79 and Abrannan19 on board for sure!

From the order of the posts in this thread I would say we need to move 2&3 to 3&4 and slip Jillo into 2nd. If there's any problem with that it's of course fully up for discussion. I'll go ahead and adjust the list until I hear otherwise.

And with Abrannan19 ok with 6th we're just looking for one more Edge owner for 5th place!

NYEdge? We don't all have to get the same level of tint if you'd like light...

Ā 

At this point it would seem, assuming everyone on the list is ready to go now, that we either need that one more person... or we check with Chad and with each other and go $60 instead of $50 and get this thing going immediately!

Ā 

1. Scoopo

2. Jillo79

3. gfhii

4. lee6379

6. Abrannan19

~

I'm obviously assuming 1st position - considering the time and whatnot I've spent communicating with Chad and trying to get all you together.

I hope no one has a problem with that :mellow:

~

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

O.K. Scoop,

Ā 

If the $50 core charge also covers the third brake light, then I'm in with a medium tint.

O.K. Scoop,

Ā 

If the $50 core charge also covers the third brake light, then I'm in with a medium tint.

Ā 

Great!

Ā 

So we have our 6

Ā 

1. Scoopo

2. Jillo79

3. gfhii

4. lee6379

5. NYEdge

6. Abrannan19

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If there's any problem with the order of the list post it up.

Ā 

I'll go ahead and give a yell to Chad and get the info on where to send the money.

I propose once we get the address and send the money we post here saying we've done so. That way there's no question if one of us fails to do so in an expeditious fashion.

Ā 

I'm excited!

I stopped by a new car stereo store yesterday with a bunch of modded rides out front (including a truck with these HUGE 30" chrome wheels O_O) and all these guys were just swarming my Edge :D

They wanted to know what it was, and one guy who knew and had seen several kept saying "I've seen lots of them but not one like this!"

Made me feel good!

I was telling them about the tint work Chad does. I believe he'll be hearing from some of these guys soon as well.

Great!

Ā 

So we have our 6

Ā 

1. Scoopo

2. Jillo79

3. gfhii

4. lee6379

5. NYEdge

6. Abrannan19

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If there's any problem with the order of the list post it up.

Ā 

I'll go ahead and give a yell to Chad and get the info on where to send the money.

I propose once we get the address and send the money we post here saying we've done so. That way there's no question if one of us fails to do so in an expeditious fashion.

Ā 

I'm excited!

I stopped by a new car stereo store yesterday with a bunch of modded rides out front (including a truck with these HUGE 30" chrome wheels O_O) and all these guys were just swarming my Edge :D

They wanted to know what it was, and one guy who knew and had seen several kept saying "I've seen lots of them but not one like this!"

Made me feel good!

I was telling them about the tint work Chad does. I believe he'll be hearing from some of these guys soon as well.

Ā 

Ā 

sounds great..get his address quick..I am leaving at 4am Wednesday morning and wont be back till sometime next week..so I would like to get the check out today.

sounds great..get his address quick..I am leaving at 4am Wednesday morning and wont be back till sometime next week..so I would like to get the check out today.

Ā 

Ā 

Hi,

Ā 

Well sooner is best for me, as I havelimited bandwidth to play with this vehicle before it gets cold outside (NY, street parking here) and my wife runs out of patience,.......after all, I'm no mechanic and making these changes in the snow is ...well. Not good.

Ā 

Anyway, need suggestion - i do want the 500 foot visibility, but also the medium tint. ...Solution....

Ā 

How about brighter lights? I do not want to install a new system...are there bright back light I can switch out for what is in there right now to give me the much longer visibility? Thoughts? Thanks.

Ā 

G

Chad replied that the fastest way would be PayPal but that with the transaction fee we'd need to pick up the additional 3.5%

So it would seem check or money order via snail mail would be the way to go for some/most of us.

Ā 

I hollered back at him to supply a mailing address asap so we can get checks etc in the mail.

Hopefully he'll PM (is the PM system back up here?) you, Abrannan19, with his address or email so we can communicate addresses etc privately.

Ā 

Personally, I'm ok with the fee. It's just $1.75 for $50 if it's 3.5%

Whatever, I'm just tickled to finally get the ball rolling :)

Alright!

PMs sent to everyone on the list with the necessary information to get the initial money to Chad and get this going.

Please let me know via PM, since it's apparently working now, when your funds have been sent. No need that I can see to communicate this info in the thread.

Ā 

I want to thank you all for helping out with this core thing!

After we've gotten ours all done Chad will have a core set for the Edge.

Anyone after us who wants to get theirs tinted will have less work to do by far than I did.

Ā 

We should be having some pics of the tails and soon thereafter pics of them installed. Soooooon! :shades:

Ā 

We're gonna have us some sweet(er) Edges shortly! :D

Alright!

PMs sent to everyone on the list with the necessary information to get the initial money to Chad and get this going.

Please let me know via PM, since it's apparently working now, when your funds have been sent. No need that I can see to communicate this info in the thread.

Ā 

I want to thank you all for helping out with this core thing!

After we've gotten ours all done Chad will have a core set for the Edge.

Anyone after us who wants to get theirs tinted will have less work to do by far than I did.

Ā 

We should be having some pics of the tails and soon thereafter pics of them installed. Soooooon! :shades:

Ā 

We're gonna have us some sweet(er) Edges shortly! :D

Ā 

Ā 

glad I made the suggestion about the cores..worked out well.

I followed a link yesterday from the LED thread HERE.

http://autolumination.com

It would seem that super-bright LEDs would be a cool thing and produce plenty of light.

I have no personal experience though.

Ā 

Seems like there's some good info in that thread

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Oh, while I'm posting, an updated list for the Unique Coatings tails:

Ā 

1. PAID - Scoopo

2. PAID - Jillo79

3. gfhii

4. PAID - lee6379

5. PAID - NYEdge

6. PAID - Abrannan19

Ā 

Thanks!

Edited by scoopo

Hey guys, wanted to give you an update.

Ā 

Since it looks like we're getting the ball moving on this, and since we've had a few payments sent already, i'm going to make a new style of solution. Typically in the past, all lenses have been red. In order to make the lens appear darker after tinting, without affecting light transmission more than needed, i have added red and actually purple hues to do this, along with a few other colors. However, on a clear lens, such as the edges, this will give the effect of a pinkish look when the reverse lights are on. Not something i'm sure you guys want. So, i will be making a new solution specifically for you guys. Unfortunately, it looks like scoop will be the first go at this. The third brake light will receive the traditional colored tint i have used in the past, since it is red.

Ā 

Should be a little bit more of a smoked appearance. It will not affect light transmission any more than before, however, since it will be more of a true smoke than that solution i use on red lenses, it will appear to be a little bit more transparent. Just wanted to give you the heads up on this. I will also be making a totally seperate tank to keep solutions separate, so i do not need to change up colors between vehicles.

Ā 

Chad

Hey guys, wanted to give you an update.

Ā 

Since it looks like we're getting the ball moving on this, and since we've had a few payments sent already, i'm going to make a new style of solution. Typically in the past, all lenses have been red. In order to make the lens appear darker after tinting, without affecting light transmission more than needed, i have added red and actually purple hues to do this, along with a few other colors. However, on a clear lens, such as the edges, this will give the effect of a pinkish look when the reverse lights are on. Not something i'm sure you guys want. So, i will be making a new solution specifically for you guys. Unfortunately, it looks like scoop will be the first go at this. The third brake light will receive the traditional colored tint i have used in the past, since it is red.

Ā 

Should be a little bit more of a smoked appearance. It will not affect light transmission any more than before, however, since it will be more of a true smoke than that solution i use on red lenses, it will appear to be a little bit more transparent. Just wanted to give you the heads up on this. I will also be making a totally seperate tank to keep solutions separate, so i do not need to change up colors between vehicles.

Ā 

Chad

I'm a Guinea pig yet again! :rolleyes:

LOL

Ā 

That's cool. I trust you to make the lenses look amazing!

I don't spend much time in reverse anyway ;)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT:

After thinking about this I went out this evening and looked really closely (apparently for the first time) at my Edge tails.

I've been looking at the LED bulbs available and plan now on getting some of them to alleviate the negligible worry I still have in the back of my mind concerning illumination levels and legality.

I see what you're saying, Chad, about the color "blend" and how it may affect the reverse lights since you can't leave them clear due to the construction of the assemblies on an Edge.

I wasn't sure exactly how the red was made red. ie by a red bulb or, as it turns out, an inner red housing around the bulb.

The reverse section though is just a bulb.

Ā 

Considering how they're made I can see how the brake portion of the tail light assembly could be the same solution (as far as how it looks with the light shining through) as all your others while the reverse section should not have any sort of red or other color characteristic.

Am I pretty close to the mark in assuming you will be looking to create a blend which will in fact allow the red to shine through for braking and running lights while at the same time not making the reverse (white) lights some sort of pinkish or purlple-ish hue?

Would the addition of super-white LED bulbs for the reverse lights make a difference? To the better or worse?

How about LEDs within the red inner housing for the running/brake lights?

I would assume these brighter bulbs would aid in projecting more actual light through the tint.

Ā 

As the Guinea pig I want to help make your first set of tails look as good as possible.

... and yes, of course, I'd like the first set (mine) to be as sweet as the rest ;)

Ā 

Lemme know if there's anything I can do to help with the first set.

Hell, I could even drive my Edge to you in under 6 hours... if it would help to have an actual Edge "in person".

Edited by scoopo

Scoopo Rocks.

Yes... yes he does...

Ā 

Ā 

LOL, just kidding!

Thanks dude! I'm not sure for what though... :huh:

Ā 

BTW, I posted up some more pics in my gallery.

They just wouldn't upload before. Apparently because I was trying to send too many at one time.

These are a few with the black wheels and the lowering springs.

Ā 

I'm about to buy some of the aforementioned LED lights too.

Can't friggin wait to get these tinted tails!

Sooo lookin forward to them! :shades:

Ā 

Will will be r teh uber !!!1!!11!eleven!!!1!

(yeah, I'm a geek. A nearly 40 year old geek. - Life is short, let's be happy and have fun!)

Scoop - the original colors will still shine through with the new tint. Although the white will be a smidge dimmer, not much. Red will still be red. No worries.

Ā 

As for you driving here, that wouldn't help unless you want to stay in a hotel somewhere and leave me your truck for 3 days. lol.

Ā 

I'm sure a brighter bulb can only help, but i think this new solution will be just fine with the use of stock lenses.

Ā 

No all LEDs are brighter, i've seen some that are actually dimmer than the incandescent stock bulb.

Scoop - the original colors will still shine through with the new tint. Although the white will be a smidge dimmer, not much. Red will still be red. No worries.

Ā 

As for you driving here, that wouldn't help unless you want to stay in a hotel somewhere and leave me your truck for 3 days. lol.

Ā 

I'm sure a brighter bulb can only help, but i think this new solution will be just fine with the use of stock lenses.

Ā 

No all LEDs are brighter, i've seen some that are actually dimmer than the incandescent stock bulb.

Right on!

I'm not worried one bit, tbh.

I think I'll pass though on staying in a hotel for 3 days. LOL. - unless you're paying... hehe

Ā 

I think what I'll do with the bulbs I ordered is to install them on one side and check the difference.

They are likely to arrive before the tails, although it may be a week or two.

I definitely don't want them if they're dimmer than the stock bulbs.

I believe however that they will be much brighter.

We'll see.