Tinted Tails - Unique Coatings

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess the rain for days on end brought me a nice cold as a bonus.

Been down a couple days so even though it's been sunny I haven't left the house til this evening when we went to dinner.

gfhii:

Honestly, I think they're fine. They look completely black with the lights off but when the bulbs are lit, even just running lights, they are clearly not "blacked out" - ie obviously not painted black.

I reckon you'd have to be dealing with a police officer who has nothing better to do if you were to be harassed you about this alone

As you and at least one other was interested in a lighter tint (for NY as well as paint-match reasons) I expect Chad is planning to see about a less dark tint too.

As you know this first set was the first he's done on a clear tail light like this.

I'll see what I can do in the next day or two about some pictures of the brakes on in the daylight.

edgerider:

Shoo no, it's not too late.

This was just the first group who got together to get a core program started with Chad and his Unique Coatings.

Being that I've been away a couple days sick you may have already heard from him via PM. If not message me or him.

Pewter Edge:

I bought several different LED bulbs but ended up going with the factory ones due to the fact that I was most interested in the brightness cuzza the tinting.

The Super White LEDs looked cool and would probably be great with un-tinted lenses.

If you're interested I could link ya to the place I got them (there are other threads as well as links previously posted in this thread)

Since I'm not going to use the ones I have I'd love to sell them.

PM me if you'd like more info, details, price, etc

Chad:

I'll get with ya tomorrow cc the refund.

Thanks!

Hodge:

As I said to gfhii, I believe Chad is planning a lighter tint for at least another person or two.

Once he gets the tint mixture to his liking (these are the first clear, rather than red, lenses he's done) he will undoubtedly be offering light, medium and dark (show only) options.

PM me or Chad at your convenience and I have no doubt you can get just what you like.

I was ticked, but not surprised, with the timing of my cold.

After driving my Edge the other day I backed it in so I could see the tails without going outside. Smart move it seems. :rolleyes:

Damn thing sat for days till this evening.

When I came out of the steak house it was just getting dark. I unlocked the car and looked again and was just as happy as a clam.

I stopped at a store where I know some employees and showed them to a girl I know. She immediately asked "isn't that illegal?". I again unlocked the car with the key/fob so the running lights came on... and she was impressed - said they were NICE!

It's really amazing how much light comes through considering how black they look with the lights off.

I'm paranoid and waiting for a cop to bug me but unless there's another problem I just don't expect any trouble at all.

So far I'm happy as can be with them!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been in lately. Personal stuff.

Did Jillo already get her set?

I've been paying close attention to the cars behind me lately.

I've had police cars behind me without trouble. I even backed up to change to a different lane at the bank just as a city cop was pulling in behind me. No trouble. (daylight)

I pulled in to a gas station last night with several local cops grouped up as well as a Tennessee State Patrol car. (after dark)

I pulled in where my tails were facing them. No way they could have missed them. They were 50-70 feet away.

No one said a thing to me and no one followed me out to harass me about them. Yay!

I know they are fine but I'm the paranoid type so I keep a lookout.

EDIT: By the way, refund received. Thanks Chad!

Edited by scoopo

Hey everybody, I thought you might not mind seeing some pix of my new lights.

I couldn't be happier and you will be too!

One with the driving lights comparing before and after

post-609-1197932584_thumb.jpg

With the brake lights on at dusk (all three tinted)

post-609-1198349015_thumb.jpg

Here's a comparison of the reflectors on the tinted Edge and my Cobra

post-609-1197932876_thumb.jpg

A good upclose one - nice and shiny!

post-609-1197932937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jillo79

i dont care who really pays next or gets their set next, if i dont' get a response we can move on. The set is done and is ready to ship -

BTW - Abrannan19- I have changed my formula slightly after the first set, and feel i have it dialed in. I know you were worried about safety and visibilty, and with this, you should not have an issue. It is the same tint that jill has, so maybe she can take some day shots for you to show the visibility from say, 100 feet away or so.