Order my 2014 Edge a week ago... getting impatience

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ordered mine on May 15th. Checked 2 weeks ago and was told the ETA was June 25th and that it was built and he even knew which train car it was on. Checked back on June 26th and was told that it was on an unknown hold and there was no ETA or VIN available. I suspect there was a request for an Edge that was similar enough to mine that a retail buyer wanted if they could get it immediately. Since I ordered mine on the Z plan, the dealer simply delivered mine to the retail customer and reordered mine. I expect to hear that there was a mixup in the order and it had to be resubmitted.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I feel the pain. Ordered 9/30/14.....no light at the end of the tunnel yet. It will get here when it get's here I guess

Congrats on your purchase, jeffcarl!

Has your vehicle been delivered yet? If not, I’ll be happy to track your order and provide the latest updates. Please PM your order number/dealer code or VIN.

Once this info is received, I’ll take a look at your order.

Have a great day! :)

Tricia

• Like 1

Congrats on your purchase, jeffcarl!

Has your vehicle been delivered yet? If not, I’ll be happy to track your order and provide the latest updates. Please PM your order number/dealer code or VIN.

Once this info is received, I’ll take a look at your order.

Have a great day! :)

Tricia

Thanks Tricia. My sales gal updates me every Monday, and car is supposed to be here (Rochester NY) the week after next. I guess I can wait that long....unless the snow here kills me first! I am in Wyoming NY, probably 2 feet at my house in the last 3 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tricia. My sales gal updates me every Monday, and car is supposed to be here (Rochester NY) the week after next. I guess I can wait that long....unless the snow here kills me first! I am in Wyoming NY, probably 2 feet at my house in the last 3 days.

You’re welcome, jeffcarl.

Is your holiday gift sitting nicely under the tree?

Please keep me posted, and don’t forget to share pics.

I’ll be here if you need me, and try to stay warm! :)

Tricia

Mine has been on order for 9 weeks and it is two weeks out.

That hurts! I'm coming into week 10, supposed to be here this week. That's a "spodabe".

Hang in there.

Your rides will be here before you know it, guys!

I’ll be here if you need a status update or moral support.

Hang in there, and have a great day! :)

Tricia

• 2 weeks later...

My Edge was supposed to take 6 to 8 weeks. I am coming into week 12 with no car and NO SHIP DATE!

Ford says the car was built on/around 11/24. They said on 11/30 that the car was "in transit" & would arrive between 11/30 & 12/6. Last week (11/8) they changed the story: car is built, at Ford ready to ship, but that's all they will say. So the "in transit" was not true, and they can't say when it will ship.

What kind of customer service is that?

Oh, forgot, the car hasn't shipped due to a shortage of rail cars. The dog ate my homework too.

Disgusted in Rochester, NY

Edited by jeffcarl

I gave up today. After 12+ weeks Ford is unable to tell me when my car would get to my dealer. Car has apparently been complete for 3 or 4 weeks, sitting in Oakville. A mere 2 1/2 hour drive from my dealer.

So anyway I bought another car today. Misleading information followed by no information tested my patience beyond my limits. I am not happy about it either.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered my 2014 Lincoln MKX AWD on Wednesday, May 7th. It was built on Wednesday, May 28th, and delivered to the dealer on Wednesday, June 11th. So 5 weeks exactly. Got the 22" wheels and Ruby Red metallic, so it looks like the Lincoln version of the Edge Sport. Just under 4,000 miles on it now, and not a single problem with it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my 2014 Lincoln MKX AWD on Wednesday, May 7th. It was built on Wednesday, May 28th, and delivered to the dealer on Wednesday, June 11th. So 5 weeks exactly. Got the 22" wheels and Ruby Red metallic, so it looks like the Lincoln version of the Edge Sport. Just under 4,000 miles on it now, and not a single problem with it.

Welcome and congrats, elijahbird7! :)

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative on this forum. I’m glad to learn that all is well your way!

If you ever have questions or need assistance with your MKX, please contact our Lincoln Customer Relationship Center at Phone: 1-800-521-4140. Hours of Operation are 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday) / 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST (Saturday). Our representatives will be happy to look into your concern!

Tricia