Do I get nav for free?

• 4 months later...

Do you have the VIN, Wacki? I can verify if it has navigation. Since it's a used vehicle, it's up to your dealer's discretion on whether they include the SD card or free.

Rebecca

I saw this thread because I have an Edge on order, maybe another 3 weeks before it arrives. Also, just bought a 2013 Fusion and I have a navigation question. Rebecca you seem to be a Go-To person for nav issues, so maybe you could take a shot at this one: i just posted this on the Fusion Forum, the title is "IS A WINDOW STICKER EVER WRONG - NAVIGATION". Here is that post:

We just entered the Ford universe with a 2013 Fusion SE for my wife. Bought it at a good local dealer. It was a Ford "reacquired" vehicle with only about 11,000 miles on it. Reacquired due to multiple oil leaks, but Ford finally replaced the motor, and that was good enough for me, so now my wife has it & is enjoying it. It is really nice, very comfy & well equipped.

Now here's the weirdest thing: The original window sticker http://services.ford...A6P0HR8DR198718 indicates that it has the $795 Navigation option. However the car does NOT have navigation. The MyTouch screen upper right tab says "Information" instead of "Navigation", and the dealer says that it just doesn't have navigation.

So, is a window sticker ever wrong? Is it possible that the navigation just needs to be activated somehow?

Edited by jeffcarl

So, is a window sticker ever wrong? Is it possible that the navigation just needs to be activated somehow?

Interesting, using a few other resources I have, it certainly seems that your car was spec'd with Navigation. So it's far more likely that the window sticker is correct, but somehow the wrong software was isntalled. I would recommend your dealer try reprogramming your system, once they connect with the Ford network it should recognize that your car should have navigation thus when it updates, it should reset the configurations. Note that if a dealer tried to do this on a car that doesn't have Nav, it wouldn't work, but only because your VIN does register as having Nav, they should be able to get it to work.

I saw this thread because I have an Edge on order, maybe another 3 weeks before it arrives. Also, just bought a 2013 Fusion and I have a navigation question. Rebecca you seem to be a Go-To person for nav issues, so maybe you could take a shot at this one: i just posted this on the Fusion Forum, the title is "IS A WINDOW STICKER EVER WRONG - NAVIGATION". Here is that post:

We just entered the Ford universe with a 2013 Fusion SE for my wife. Bought it at a good local dealer. It was a Ford "reacquired" vehicle with only about 11,000 miles on it. Reacquired due to multiple oil leaks, but Ford finally replaced the motor, and that was good enough for me, so now my wife has it & is enjoying it. It is really nice, very comfy & well equipped.

Now here's the weirdest thing: The original window sticker http://services.ford...A6P0HR8DR198718 indicates that it has the $795 Navigation option. However the car does NOT have navigation. The MyTouch screen upper right tab says "Information" instead of "Navigation", and the dealer says that it just doesn't have navigation.

Hi jeffcarl,

Welcome to the forum, and congrats!

When you spoke to your dealership, did you talk to the service manager? Almost everything I see shows that you have navigation, but the software is showing the non-nav version. If you haven't spoken to either the sales manager or service manager yet, I suggest doing that first. If you already have, I can open a case with the regional manager for your area and have them work with you and your dealer to get this figured out; I'll need you to privately (via private message) verify your full name, phone number, and mileage. :)

Rebecca

Hi jeffcarl,

When you spoke to your dealership, did you talk to the service manager? Almost everything I see shows that you have navigation, but the software is showing the non-nav version. If you haven't spoken to either the sales manager or service manager yet, I suggest doing that first. If you already have, I can open a case with the regional manager for your area and have them work with you and your dealer to get this figured out; I'll need you to privately (via private message) verify your full name, phone number, and mileage. :)

Rebecca

The system won't let me PM? It says must have minimum of 5 posts....I have 5 or 6 posts over on the Fusion board, they must not count here. Anyway I have an appointment with the service manager (spoke with him this morning) at the dealer on Monday 11/3 at 8:00am. I would appreciate the assistance of the regional manager. If you PM me will it let me reply?

Hi jeffcarl,

Rebecca

Update Monday 11/3/14: Kept appointment at dealer 8:00AM. Left the dealer at 9:10AM with fully functional navigation.

Problem Resolved, Thank You to all for assistance.

Can you guys work on personal problems too? :<)

I can try to help with personal problems, but my kids usually don't like my advice, so you may not either. LOL

For real though, I'm glad your navigation is fully functional now! Where are you going for your first road trip? :shift:

Rebecca

Just kidding, I don't have ANY personal problems. None, not a single one, never did....not ever. Got that, OK, are we clear about that now? :hammer_self:

Edited by jeffcarl
  • Like 1

I didn't expect the navigation to be so cool! I thought it would be like a bigger Google Maps just like my Moto-X. It does some really neat stuff. As I weave the backroads to & from work (when she lets me use HER car) it adapts to my little shortcuts very quickly, never gets lost or confused. It's chosen routes are also very good. Lane splits & expressway exits bring up a side by side split screen with the map on the left and on the right an image of the road showing prominant green arrows for the correct lanes, and images of the overhead Interstate signs just like you see on the road. I find it to be very well engineered. Now my wife, who is not a tech person, is using it too & she told me today that it is finding shorter routes for some of her destinations. Wow, for her to say that it really must be good!

I almost wish I had ordered it on the Edge, but after adding leather, BLIS & back-up camera I reached my $ limit. Maybe Ford will throw it in because I'm really nice? Never Mind