Adding Accessories

edp428

When I bought my Edge there were a few options that I thought I could do without. Well, I was wrong and I'd like to know if they can be added now at a reasonable cost. There are three options that I wish I had; pushbutton start, navigation and power liftgate.

I looked on fords accessory site and I didn't notice these as options.

Thank you in advance.

I think you might be out of luck on those, but check with the dealer. Those items are all major upgrades that require different dash pieces, trim parts, and wiring harnesses. The best time to get them is when they are in packages factory installed. I am glad to have purchased navigation, and the power lift-gate, but a Garmin or other GPS is probably better than the Ford navigation unit.

I do know you can get the ambient lighting kit, cargo cover, gas locking plug and a few others, but as you say, those options aren't.

Edited by traxiii

Been driving a 2011 Edge SEL and a 2013 Lincoln MKX for a while now. I kinda like the push button start but could easily live without the power liftgate and navigation. The power liftgate is really slow and you have to hit the keyfob or dash button to close it. Maybe I'm old fashion but I just don't like it.

Been driving a 2011 Edge SEL and a 2013 Lincoln MKX for a while now. I kinda like the push button start but could easily live without the power liftgate and navigation. The power liftgate is really slow and you have to hit the keyfob or dash button to close it. Maybe I'm old fashion but I just don't like it.

There is a button to close the power lift gate inside the cargo area on the left side.

http://avford.com/2012-antelope-valley-ford-models/ford-edge/images/design-4.jpg

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

Omar I was just going to say the same thing.

I would like to add the panoramic sunroof.

I don't think you can add a panoramic roof. Even if it was possible, it wouldn't be feasible, you would be far better off selling you car & buying one with the option.

Omar I come from a customizable background. If there is a will there is a way. I found a glass roof intact for less the $700. So stating it is expensive is coming from someone who hasnt did research. As far as trading it in on one with the options is not a option. Step down from a 2013 f150 fx2 to a 2012 edge sel with navigation all touch panel power lift with only 16k.

the majority of us customize cars to our liking. Example bake headlights to crack them open to paint the housing black. Add a sub to give a little bass. On the f150 I change the whole body harness and inside roof harness to add factory back up camera.

I like challanges and do write ups on they are accomplished to assist a fellow member.