Just bought a 2014 Limited AWD, and i'm planning to install my Focal Utopia BE speakers/tweeters, and with my two 12'' Rockford T1's that I pulled out of my Maxima just before selling. In my maxima I had an aftermarket head unit, but with the Edge I really like the ford my touch/sync feature.

My question is has anyone done a aftermarket system on a edge with the stock My touch head unit? I really don't want to change the head unit, so if it looks like Ill have to I will most likely sell my system. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

post-33546-0-61611800-1419904053_thumb.jpg

If you have "Sony" written below the center speaker, then you have the Sony system. Also some speakers are actually 2 or more speakers together. I couldn't find an image for the Edge's Sony System, but the attached image for the MKX should be similar except for the slot speaker (3 speakers) where it is probably a single speaker in the Edge.

post-24673-0-66143100-1419933742_thumb.jpg

Image taken from here: http://www.thx.com/consumer/automotive/2011-lincoln-mkx/

Also I believe I may have the sony sound system. Can someone possibly tell me how many speakers are in this? I was assuming 6 at most but someone was telling me 12. Not sure how they came up with that, but they did drive a 14 sport so he may know something I don't.

My 2013 limited is supposed to have 12, I only know where 10 of those are. 2 in front doors, 2 in rear doors, 2 tweeters in the a pillar, 2 in front of liftgate hanging from the roof, subwoofer, and speaker in Center of the dash. I have no clue where the other 2 are located.

If you have "Sony" written below the center speaker, then you have the Sony system. Also some speakers are actually 2 or more speakers together. I couldn't find an image for the Edge's Sony System, but the attached image for the MKX should be similar except for the slot speaker (3 speakers) where it is probably a single speaker in the Edge.

attachicon.gifMKX - THX Speaker locations.jpg

Image taken from here: http://www.thx.com/consumer/automotive/2011-lincoln-mkx/

Hey guys,

First of all, I want to say congrats and welcome to the community, NoSwaggInMyBag! My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative on this forum. I’m here to assist with any questions or concerns.

Ok, now on to what you guys are discussing. In the 2013 and 2014 Order Guide it shows that the Edge Limited comes with the 12-speak Audio System from Sony.

Have a great day and a Happy New Year! :)

Tricia

Edited by FordService
  • Like 1