Navigation is not even close to correct!

Recently my touch screen had to be replaced because it went out completely! Prior to this, my navigation/GPS worked great and was perfect! As soon as I received my new touch screen system my Navigation/GPS has me off-roading or in roads I am not even close to! It is correct for a wuick minute but quickly loses its mind! We have made sure all updates have been updated, any suggestions? I am getting ready to post 2 more issues in separate topics, I love my Edge but am quickly becoming frustrated with problems that are popping up!

Is the latest software installed?

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=180484

Also, there is a TSB 14-0037 for this particular issue.

GLOBAL POSITIONING SATELLITE MODULE (GPSM) NAVIGATION DISPLAY OFFSET OR INCORRECT POSITION BUILT ON OR BEFORE 1/6/2014

Image of TSB here

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

While driving from Iowa to Tennessee last week I noticed this same off route error too. The GPS screen had me out in the corn fields. Distance wise it seemed to be off by about 500 feet. Then after a while it would self correct. Approaching Indianapolis it was off route more than on route. I'd transferred my stuff from my old car into the Edge when I bought it and remembered the Garmin was in the glove compartment. Plugged in the Garmin and used it and the on board system together. The Garmin stayed on route all the time.

After a fuel stop just south of Indianapolis the on board system righted itself and was perfect for the remainder of the trip. But I kept the Garmin in play just as a backup. So yes I got to listen to two female voices telling me where to go.

While searching out properties in Tennessee the on board system worked just fine. But on the return trip the on board system instructed me to turn right about 500 feet before the intersection. This would have put me in a bank parking lot. The Garmin was on the money again. The on board system displayed its usual off route message. At that point I instructed the system to cancel the route and I entered the route in as a new route. After that it was flawless for the entire trip.

The next oil change will be at the dealer and he can check it for updates. It's a late 2014 model and one would think the updates are current but maybe not.

Try running a diagnostic on the radio/nav unit. Hold radio button 3 & 6 for 3 seconds until the speaker walk test begins. Before the speaker walk test is complete, press the "End Test" selection on the screen. Screen will change to the bezel diagnostics screen, begin by tapping the On Demand Self Test to see if there's any faults in the system. The tap the GPS test to see if that circuit is operating properly. While in the test, pressing the "SV Status" selection provides additional information, if present.

• Like 2