illuminated sill installation

Ronnie Ray Ogg

has anyone bought this part from amazon? it is the Ford part number but way cheaper?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HB9K4JA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered one will be here on Thursday. anyone have any tips for installing this illuminated door sill kit?

hopefully it is the actual ford part.

Ron

Thank you for posting this information. I just checked and saw there were only two of them left. I ordered one for the $36.00 after seeing they are the genuine Ford OEM parts, and that there are in fact a pair for that price. Even though they are the black color instead of the grey color I need, I may be able to do something about the color. I also noted they are for the 2011 and up models.

After ordering, I went back to the site and see they are down to one pair left, but the price is now over $116.00! I don't know if the $36.00 price was a complete mistake, some type of special deal, or what.

I have the Prime membership so should get them within 2 days. I'll post back when (or if) they come!

• Like 1

CinnamonEdge, I was wondering if perhaps I would be able to remove the illuminated piece from the black ones I ordered and use it in my grey ones that came in the car. I was waiting to see once I got the black ones in hand, but you have answered the question for me. My other thought was to use Duplicolor brand spray paint which has an interior plastic paint match. I don't get deliveries until around 4 or 4:30, but am expecting mine today also. Nice to see they are what we thought they were and there was no problem getting them!

Best deal I have had on Ford parts since a few years ago. I was able to buy the 5 quart jugs of Motorcraft 5W20 synthetic blend oil at a ridiculous price of around $3.00 or so a jug if I recall correctly. One of the auto supply stores was discontinuing it from stock and all of their stores were blowing them out. I was able to get 8 jugs!

you only have to tap into one wire it is a grey wire with a violet tracer once you pull off the trim on the a-pillar near the driver side windshield there is a plug there I tapped into the wire 1 inch above that plug the other wire has a ground ring on it all you have to do is take out the 8 millimeter bolt down near the silver plate that you remove and it put it back on the other wire runs underneath the dash to the passenger side it was easier for me to do this at the same time I was replacing my shifter for the problem that multiple people have with the message coming up that says shift to park even when you are already in park so I did both jobs at the same time and everything works perfect nowI am replying from my phone so if none of this makes sense that is why I will try and fix it next time I am at my computer

• Like 1