2008 Ford Edge rear hatch lift support removal and installation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Sounds ok to me...I just placed an order with RockAuto for the same supports. I'm trying to make a big list of things I want to do by summer and I thought of these because I just ordered hood struts as well...I may consider replacing the lift supports when the weather gets warmer overall, as we're only in the 30s for a good while now in Cleveland (and that's if we're lucky). Definitely can't wait to install the hood struts though, and some work is under the hood and I hate the prop bar...

• 1 month later...

My daughter is excited that almost 30 people have watched her video of me replacing these lift supports. I do not allow her to show herself on video so this is as close to being on youtube as she can get.

She's on your Facebook picture & she was in at least on of your videos (forget which one). I agree completely with your reasoning however. I was really paranoid while my daughter was growing up. Worried when she went off to collage, taught her some of the stuff I learned in boot camp. Turns out some punk jumped her in her freshman year in a dark area of Purdue. Like dad taught her, she kicked him in the jewels, palmed his nose and walked away. He didn't. Those who have never been a dad will never know the real meaning of what it means to sacrifice. Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Install an aftermarket power liftgate. Aftermarket power liftgate has 2 motorized struts. It's a stand along unit, which has it's own ECU and canbus. So it does not effect car existing system. It has enough power to open/close the tail gate in cold Michigan winter! But I cannot find one for 2008 module. Only for 2015 module.