2008 Ford Edge rear shock removal/installation DIY Video

Here is the latest MercyGirl Productions video on DIY rear shock removal and installation. Remember to like and subscribe to see more videos. I am always working on the Orange Crush repairing something to keep it on the road and safe to drive.

• Like 2

Thank you. My goal is to get repair videos out there for the Ford Edge so people can do it themselves. I am learning as I go and thanks to video editing not showing all of my mistakes. In the future I will be creating suspension replacement videos for the 2011 as it gets to 100K miles. You like the MG voice intro and closing? She practiced her lines and had to work on the word "subscribe" a few times, but she is enjoying it. Which makes it good in my book.

You are definitely a "Bullworker" model, mac! Great tips and details throughout. Another winning MG Production!!!

• Like 1

Really enjoy your vids Mac and I'm sure they have proven very helpful to many do-it-yourselfers on here. I figured the back shocks were pretty easy and will probably be trying to soften my 2011's ride up with some Sensatracs soon. Have you noticed how much stiffer the ride is in your 2011 compared to the 08? Also, have you replaced the front struts and springs yet?

The 2011 over all has a far better ride in comparison to my very worn 2008. I really like the ride of the 2011, but the Orange Crush has that old comfortable t-shirt feel to me. Future work is the Left side LCA as the ball joint is worn. Then I am going to put quick struts (third set) on it as I feel the springs need to be changed also. I am most likely going with a monroe quick strut if available. I of course will make video's of this work. As I mentioned before my rack and pinion is starting to leak so that may be a future job. MG likes the comments and it drives her to spend more time with Dad and I like that. Thank you for your support and remember to like us and subscribe so you can be notified when we put up our videos.

Really enjoy your vids Mac and I'm sure they have proven very helpful to many do-it-yourselfers on here. I figured the back shocks were pretty easy and will probably be trying to soften my 2011's ride up with some Sensatracs soon. Have you noticed how much stiffer the ride is in your 2011 compared to the 08? Also, have you replaced the front struts and springs yet?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

August/September I will be replacing rear shocks and front struts on Lullubelle. I am starting to look for a set of quick struts from monroe but I am having a hard time initially locating such a component as it seems that monroe does not make quick struts for the Edge. I think I may have to contact monroe directly to see if they plan on making quick struts for the Edge.