HELP! A/C Fan Speed and Temperature Reading Malfuctioning

danib1227

Good Afternoon All,

I have a 2011 Ford Edge Limited with my Touch Sync. As of last week I've been having a problem with the A/C Fan Speed. The ambient Temperature is displaying 46 degrees and every five seconds shows the correct temperature, but cycles back to 46 degrees. If I have the AC on "auto", the ac does not come on. When I take it off of "Auto" to control it Manually, no matter at what fan speed I select, it blows hard then slow in the same rhythm as the Temperature. When it reads 46 it shuts off, when it reads correct it blows hard. Non Stop Repeatedly every 5-7 seconds. Yesterday we also noticed that the Ambient Interior lighting is turning on and off in the same rhythym as well..

Please Help! I just replaced the Ambient Temperature Sensor last night, to no avail.

Any and all input is appreciated and will be considered.

Thanks!

Danny in Florida

Sorry to hear the sensor didn't help you out. So the new ambient sensor isn't showing the correct temp? Just for something to try, check your battery cables to make sure they are tight and not corroded. You might also try unhooking the battery for a few minutes to see if anything resets.

Almost sounds like a bad ground somewhere? I don't have my service manual C/D here so I can't look up any wire schmatics to see if there is something common that could cause this. You might even start to suspect the head unit for the HVAC system, but I really don't know.

Sorry to hear the sensor didn't help you out. So the new ambient sensor isn't showing the correct temp? Just for something to try, check your battery cables to make sure they are tight and not corroded. You might also try unhooking the battery for a few minutes to see if anything resets.

Almost sounds like a bad ground somewhere? I don't have my service manual C/D here so I can't look up any wire schmatics to see if there is something common that could cause this. You might even start to suspect the head unit for the HVAC system, but I really don't know.

It reads correct temperature then changes to 46 degrees.. then normal.. then back to 46 degrees. but Yea I checked the battery terminals and made sure everything was tight. But i am thinking the same thing its got to be some type of relay or loose wire or something.. thanks again! Im going to prod around today after work a little.. hopefully i find something obvious

It reads correct temperature then changes to 46 degrees.. then normal.. then back to 46 degrees. but Yea I checked the battery terminals and made sure everything was tight. But i am thinking the same thing its got to be some type of relay or loose wire or something.. thanks again! Im going to prod around today after work a little.. hopefully i find something obvious

Hey danib1227,

Have you had a chance to speak with your Ford Dealer about the concern you're experiencing? What's the current mileage on your Edge?

Nick

• 1 year later...

My Symptoms are exactly the same as the first post. The outside temp sensor will read and then go blank with --- and the fan will cut out at that exact time and then cycle back on. I think replacing the outside temp sensor is my first step however this fix has not helped most people and don't want to throw parts at this thing

My Symptoms are exactly the same as the first post. The outside temp sensor will read and then go blank with --- and the fan will cut out at that exact time and then cycle back on. I think replacing the outside temp sensor is my first step however this fix has not helped most people and don't want to throw parts at this thing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...