2015 Edge Sport Towing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been investigating this for my Titanium and finding some unsettling info. The factory part (crossrail and receiver) lists at 600+. With my dealer discount, it comes in around $475, way too rich. Plus have learned the factory mount cuts thru the facia pieces so they have to be modified or replaced - both the painted skin and the grey lower piece.

Also learned if you have the toe-kick gate, the sensor bar and the connector box is different for the trailer hitch option, meaning another $125 in parts to make that work.

I've looked at the Curt aftermarket unit and the cross tube hangs below the facia. I think they did this since there isn't much clearance between the exhaust and the inner edges of the facia. Probably going to be very difficult to get a hidden crossbar of sufficient strength in there to weld the receiver to.

We may have to put up with either higher total mod price or visible crossbar.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket unit to confirm the toe-kick sensor works as it should?

Paul

Spoke to Curt Mfg today regarding hitches for our vehicles. Not a big fan of the exposed tube version they've come out with. They said they do not have a more concealed hitch in the plans - but that they are working on a hitch for the Sport version. No ETA date. They have had a Sport model in their shop and measured but still working on it.

Maybe it will fit my Titanium and be a little more hidden - I can only hope

Paul

• Like 1

I am actually getting a hitch installed at uhual on Wednesday on my sport 2015, I will let you know how it looks.. they ordered it in specific for me after they called their manufacturer of hitches, not sure what company

Please send pics and updates and soon as its done! =) I need to do this ASAP

• Like 1