Sony Radio Questions

Folks I have a couple of questions pertaining to the Sony stereo in my Sport;

1.) is the SURROUND sound setting, station or song specific? It seems that the surround setting does not stay "set" as I move between some Sirius stations, not to mention moving to Blue Tooth music on my phone.

2,) Speaking of Blue Tooth music from my Apple Phone, does the Sony stereo download and store my songs one time? Or does the stereo index my songs each time the phone enters the vehicle?

Thanks

JS

I found the surround sound not staying set an annoyance as well. If I accidentally hit Mute on wheel or take a phone call it reverts back to stereo. I much prefer the surround. Will follow this thread to see if anyone answers it with suggestions. I fear it is going to just revert each time. Makes for a ton of finger prints on the MFT. B)

Just for reference for everyone, the same thing happened in my MFT equipped Fusion. This isn't an Edge-specific issue.

Surround mode utilizes the center speaker in the middle of the dash (this speaker is also used for voice calls and the MFT prompts). I do not know why it reverts back to stereo, but from what I remember on the Fusion forums awhile back the Sony system "senses" whether the input material is 5.1 or Stereo sound and sets it accordingly.

I know this might be irrelevant, but with the THX sound system, the setting never changes from its set position, stereo or surround.

Those facing this issue, does it happen immediately or after a few days? Can you test sometimes? Please set the phone & message ringers to "text to speech", does also reset to the default ringer after a few days?

I suspect that some settings are always resetting to their defaults after the system restarts every few days. Like the ambient light settings which was then fixed later with software upgrade.

I notice the SONY system in the Sport switching between surround, which I prefer, and stereo from time to time. I haven't noticed it doing so in mid-tune, but maybe I'm not paying attention. I just assumed it depended upon the the type or age of the recording, transmission mode, bandwidth or signal strength.

Remember when the installed AM radio had stereo capability? I'd be driving around Indiana or Maine listening to KYW-1060 Philadelphia. The varying nighttime skywave signal would switch the circuitry in the decoder chip on and off.