replacing tire for 2011 edge limited

lpgao

If you have AWD, always replace all 4 tires, as a rule. If you have FWD, 2 at a time is fine.

If only replacing 2 tires, new tires should go on the back in a FWD vehicle, to give them time to break in properly. At the next scheduled rotation, the new tires will be ready to serve as the driven tires.

Alignment whenever you get tires is a must.

If you have AWD, always replace all 4 tires, as a rule. If you have FWD, 2 at a time is fine.

If only replacing 2 tires, new tires should go on the back in a FWD vehicle, to give them time to break in properly. At the next scheduled rotation, the new tires will be ready to serve as the driven tires.

Alignment whenever you get tires is a must.

Never heard of an alignment being a must after a simple tire replacement. Have I been doing it wrong for the last 50 years??? :)

• Like 1

On the newer AWD on-demand systems like in the Edge (which actually just drive the front wheels until the rear wheels slip)you can actually just buy tires in front or rear axle sets as long as they are the same tires.

However, you still have to be smart about it so you should not put only new tires on one axle if the another axle have bald tires. :doh:

Shortly after purchasing my 2013 Edge SE I noticed a wheering noise. Service Guy said it was tire noise and would go away. Front tires were newer Kelley's, rear were a little older Hankook. Drove me nuts for 2 months(700 miles). Replaced the tires with (4) new ones and the noise is gone. So take you chances.

Burke

Those Hancooks are like dump truck tires LOL

Shortly after purchasing my 2013 Edge SE I noticed a wheering noise. Service Guy said it was tire noise and would go away. Front tires were newer Kelley's, rear were a little older Hankook. Drove me nuts for 2 months(700 miles). Replaced the tires with (4) new ones and the noise is gone. So take you chances.

Burke