2015 Edge MFT "Indexing Device" & Nav card problem

We bought our Edge 1 week ago. When we got it, I synched my S5. This evening hubby and I were going somewhere and he plugged his S4 charger into the USB port. Things went haywire from there. The MFT screen said it was "indexing device". I plugged my phone into the 12v power port on the right side of the console. When we arrived at our destination 30 minutes later, it was still indexing, and my phone wasn't charging. Got back in the car after 3 hours. Still "indexing device" and my phone wasn't charging. In fact it was running out of battery fast. Shortly after we left, we got a message saying the Nav card needed replacing. I can't find anything in the manual about this. Can anyone help?

Today I plugged my phone in, but with Bluetooth turned off. It was charging, but then I got a message that said the USB device isn't supported. Also got the indexing device message. Maybe it isn't accepting this particular charging cord. It's generic and I got it at Walmart. The nav card is in its slot. I think when I plugged the charging cord yesterday and hooked Hubby's phone to it, that the system just went haywire. Maybe I need an official Samsung cord.

A few weeks ago, my nav displayed me the message to "insert SD card". Finally took it in and they had to replace the Media Hub. I use the USB to charge my iPhone, so I doubt the brand of phone has anything to do with this. I did not have the indexing message and my USB port worked fine the whole time. Media Hub is not stocked in dealer's inventory. It has to be ordered, coded to your vin and shipped to your dealer. At best this is a two visit deal to get it fixed. My dealer was kind enough to give me a loaner.

From Sales brochure page 10

Interior
AM/FM stereo/single-CD player with MP3 capability and 6 speakers Ford SYNC® enhanced voice-activated, in-vehicle connectivity system with 4.2" color LCD screen in center stack, AppLink,™ 911 Assist,® and media hub with audio input jack and smart-charging USB port

Available Equipment Group
Equipment Group 201A – SYNC with MyFord Touch® voice-activated, in-vehicle connectivity system, which includes 8" color LCD touch screen in center stack; two 4.2" configurable color LCD screens in instrument cluster; media hub with 2 USB ports, SD card reader and audio input jack; and SYNC Services3 + leather-trimmed, heated front seats + 6-way power front-passenger seat + Premium Audio System with 9 speakers
Edited by punch-card