Just a badgeless 2011 Sport

LUPID

Used the tried and true hair dryer/fishing line. Took 30 minutes.

Next up, black ford logos x3. The gel ones seem much higher quality than the overlays.

Looking at these. Just need the steering wheel one.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/174341491/custom-ford-emblem-black-with-chrome?ref=related-3

What is the chrome strip that separates the hood and grille called? I want to make it black, but don't know what to call it when searching the forums.

Thanks,

L

post-36542-0-58459500-1440080249_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hell Lupid,

I remember when I was searching for a way to remove that chrome piece between hood and grille I would search for Chrome Trim, and for the ones above the headlights i would search for Headligh Chrome Trim, etc. I ended up wrapping it in Carbon Fiber Vinyl.

post-33992-0-84041600-1431534071_thumb.png
Edited by gmfranco88

Used the tried and true hair dryer/fishing line. Took 30 minutes.

Next up, black ford logos x3. The gel ones seem much higher quality than the overlays.

Looking at these. Just need the steering wheel one.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/174341491/custom-ford-emblem-black-with-chrome?ref=related-3

What is the chrome strip that separates the hood and grille called? I want to make it black, but don't know what to call it when searching the forums.

Thanks,

L

I see there are 4 options, 5.75", 7", 9", and 13"

So what's the size that fits the Edge ?

Thanks,

Also, if you did actually install it, can you please show us a pic?

Thanks

Lupid,

I did not remove any of the pieces. Although that would have made the process much easier. It took me about an hour to wrap it, specially since i wanted the pattern to match from the center trim piece to the left/right pieces. Because of the curvature of the trim pieces over the headlights, these need a little more time and attention while heating the vinyl to properly maintain the pattern without stretching the vinyl and causing it to warp.

From what I saw, the center trim pieces is easy to remove. There are only a couple of screws and a clip to remove the center trim. The trim on top of the headlights also have screws that can be removed, however, one of the screws on each side is convered by the side fenders. I didn't see a way to remove the headlights without removing the bumpers, thus the reason why I decided to do it without removing the pieces.

Looks great Lupid! I've always thought vehicles look nicer without free advertisements and badges so I've been taking mine off for years. I remember taking the 5.0 badges off my 88 GT Mustang and the FX4 Off Road decals off my 03 F150. Kinda nice that they don't leave holes in the body these days!!! I've actually had a few people ask me what model of Ford I'm driving.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Franco. I may just get them painted by a pro.

I like the badgeless look for cleanliness and the uncertainty it generates. There are not a lot of Sports in the Denver area but there are ton of other Edges. I like to pass people and watch their face screw up as they say, "what the hell kinda Ford is that?" I did it to my VW GTI too. Also makes the wax job easier.

Edited by LUPID

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I can not find any black emblems for the front and back to replace my ford emblem that is blue and chipping and doesn't look good on the all black. I'm wondering if it would be easier to just have them painted to match the car color or would that look dumb? I am getting a new door soon anyway and they will have to color match.

or if you have found any emblems send me a link thanks!!