Base Titanium (300A)

Color: TGTBB

Int. color:Ebony

FWD

Options selected

3.5 V-6

Tow Package

20" polished Al. wheels

Now comes the waiting. I would like to thank the members of this forum that have answered my site messages & posts about questions I had and fully expect, will have in the future. Thanks all!

• Like 5

Good morning everyone,

I contacted Ford CRC today and they restated some of the same stuff my dealership did about reasons for delay in building. They stated that it could be due to options or colors. I told them that there is at least one other vehicle that matches my build and it is either built or being built. They said they would follow up further with regional representatives and assembly plant to understand timing. I am supposed to receive a message back within 48 hours with status.

I will post more as I hear it...

• Like 1

I received an email from Ford today...Please see message below ( I removed some info). Glad to see some type of progress. Not sure where this will all lead, but I am encouraged by getting some response...

"Dear GARY WILLIAMS,

This email is to confirm your recent contact to Ford Motor Company regarding your 2016 EDGE.

You will receive contact from our regional Customer Service Manager (CSM) within 1 business day to introduce themselves and develop an action plan to address your concern.

Your case number, along with the contact information for the regional Customer Service Manager is listed below.

Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXX 

CSM Name: XXXXXXXXX

CSM Phone: XXXXXXXXX

CSM Email: XXXXXXX@ford.com

Sincerely,

Ford Motor Company

Customer Care Team"

Well Ford representative called me. Basically they had no more information than what the dealer had provided or members of this forum. So the frustration continues. I have started to look at other vehicles and may be leaving Ford for my next new vehicle...

Maybe try to go through another dealer. Even though it may not be as easy, you can place an order from another dealer over the phone and fax/email all the paperwork. If you already have an agreed upon price, there should be no negotiation from the other dealer. Just tell them to beat the price you already have by a couple bucks.

Well Ford representative called me. Basically they had no more information than what the dealer had provided or members of this forum. So the frustration continues. I have started to look at other vehicles and may be leaving Ford for my next new vehicle...

I am sorry for your troubles in buying a Ford. I would cancel my order with that dealer and try another. At least have them do a search for one. I really think you will like the new Edge.

That tells me there is some problem between the dealer and Ford and Ford is not going to make that public. Go to another dealer.

• Like 1

That tells me there is some problem between the dealer and Ford and Ford is not going to make that public. Go to another dealer.

You could be right...They have yet to receive the 2015 Edge Sport they ordered. So something is definitely wrong. I am going to stop by another dealer today.

Thanks everyone for your time and help...

You could be right...They have yet to receive the 2015 Edge Sport they ordered. So something is definitely wrong. I am going to stop by another dealer today.

Thanks everyone for your time and help...

They shipped all remaining 2015s at the end of December. It took 8 days for my edge to make it to Chicago from Oakville. I'd agree. That dealer probably has an issue with Ford that needs to be resolved.

I went to another dealer yesterday and looked at a few vehicles. I spoke with them about the situation and they said that there must be an issue with the dealer. They said to go back and have a conversation about it to try to get it resolved. Also, said that if they could help get me what I want they would try. This the dealer I bought my Fusion from and from a buying perspective they are great. From a support perspective afterwards, they suck...While there, I looked at a few Edges they had in stock, no Sports I could see, and was not that inspired by what I saw. It looked and felt just like my Fusion, but a little bit higher off of the ground. I am now wondering if going with an Edge even excites me. Next week I am going to meet with the current dealer I have my Edge ordered with, and discuss options for going forward.

thanks again...

I went to another dealer yesterday and looked at a few vehicles. I spoke with them about the situation and they said that there must be an issue with the dealer. They said to go back and have a conversation about it to try to get it resolved. Also, said that if they could help get me what I want they would try. This the dealer I bought my Fusion from and from a buying perspective they are great. From a support perspective afterwards, they suck...While there, I looked at a few Edges they had in stock, no Sports I could see, and was not that inspired by what I saw. It looked and felt just like my Fusion, but a little bit higher off of the ground. I am now wondering if going with an Edge even excites me. Next week I am going to meet with the current dealer I have my Edge ordered with, and discuss options for going forward.

thanks again...

Well, it is just like a Fusion a bit higher off the ground. Not sure what you were expecting there. I'm actually excited about it because it is just like my Fusion - I know I will like it!

And just to be clear - you can buy from one dealer and get it serviced at another one. There are no restrictions there.

Yep, I know I can get it serviced anywhere. I was just trying to reward my current dealership with my business for doing such a great job in our past dealings. Not sure that will happen. Also, not even sure I should be that concerned about it, but I have tried.

As far as expectations, they were higher, I must admit. Could also be due to the fact I was looking at Titanium's and they just didn't blow me away. Oh well, havea great afternoon everyone...

Yep, I know I can get it serviced anywhere. I was just trying to reward my current dealership with my business for doing such a great job in our past dealings. Not sure that will happen. Also, not even sure I should be that concerned about it, but I have tried.

As far as expectations, they were higher, I must admit. Could also be due to the fact I was looking at Titanium's and they just didn't blow me away. Oh well, havea great afternoon everyone...

Up until 2000 or so you did have to take your Ford back to the selling dealer for warranty work unless you were more than 50 miles away. Thank goodness they stopped that nonsense.

• Like 1

I took delivery of my Sport on Wednesday afternoon. It had just 6 miles on it, so I am essentially the first driver. We had 16" of snow on Monday, so I haven't driven it much as I've not had a chance to wax/protect it yet. Let my old car take all the road gravel hits. A clear bra and front window tint went on today though.

Timeline:

Order Date: Nov 24

Received VIN: Dec 17

Build Date: Week of Jan 11

Transit Status: Jan 20 - On railcar in Flowers, IN

Rail Termination: Feb 1

Pickup Date: Feb 3

A few observations:

I'm glad I waited for sync 3 and the heated steering wheel. Both are must-haves for me. Sync 3 is responsive and intuitive. Tons of functions!

Exhaust sound is great

All-weather mats - meh.. The weathertechs are much better

Body fit & Finish is good but not stellar. One of the seams is ~1-2mm off - the front bumper to quarter panel wheel well. I've seen this on almost all the other Edges I looked at.

& yes there's a power telescoping steering wheel! LOL

• Like 1

Good Morning Everyone,

Well the verdict is in!!! I have moved on from buying an Edge. I am now the proud owner of a 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum. Everything worked out as it should've in the end. I started the whole process originally looking at Explorer's, once I realized I could not get what I wanted in a Focus RS, and here I am today with one. I could not be happier with how nice it is.

2016 Ford Explorer Platinum

Magnetic Metallic exterior with Nirvana Medium Soft Ceramic Leather interior

Second Row powered bucket seats and center console

All weather floor mats

Best of luck to everyone with their Ford Edge's...

• Like 2

Up until 2000 or so you did have to take your Ford back to the selling dealer for warranty work unless you were more than 50 miles away. Thank goodness they stopped that nonsense.

I think you're mistaking the 50 mile rule to having it towed for a warranty related issue. Forcing you to have it serviced at your selling dealer would be against the law.

I think you're mistaking the 50 mile rule to having it towed for a warranty related issue. Forcing you to have it serviced at your selling dealer would be against the law.

It would be against the law if you were forced to pay for the service, but since it was free warranty work it was not illegal. And mfrs can force you to use their parts but only if they're provided free of charge.