Your 2016 Edge order?

Chipster

If it's being held for a quality issue I don't think there is any easy way to get any info. Ford isn't going to release any info about it publicly and in some cases they truly can't give you an ETA if it's sitting in a lot waiting on a repair or an inspection.

Ford should at least be able to tell you if it's being held and you would hope they are prioritizing retail (sold) vehicles first but not sure the factory is set up that way.

Either way it sucks. Back when they launched the 2013 Fusion and MKZ it was worse - they had thousands of vehicles that had to be held and some were even shipped to Flat Rock for repairs and shipped back to Mexico.

That's one reason I'm trying to wait and find a 2016 that's in stock whereas in the past I've always ordered vehicles.

The only reason I'm doubtful about the quality control issue is that for the past two weeks I've been told "I don't know" or "it's just one of those things" in response to my inquiries about why the shipping is delayed. Only recently was it presented as a possibility (not even confirmed). Seems like all of a sudden they're trying to find something to justify the incompetence...I called them out since they took delivery recently of other Titaniums that were built after mine (none configured quite right unfortunately).

Now that they've planted the idea of quality control in my head, I'm thinking that I'll need a reason as to the delay before I take delivery. A car doesn't just sit for 3+ weeks for no reason..lie don't want to be stuck with a lemon...

Like I've told them, it's not necessarily the delay that's upsetting, more so the lack of communication and transparency.

The only reason I'm doubtful about the quality control issue is that for the past two weeks I've been told "I don't know" or "it's just one of those things" in response to my inquiries about why the shipping is delayed. Only recently was it presented as a possibility (not even confirmed). Seems like all of a sudden they're trying to find something to justify the incompetence...I called them out since they took delivery recently of other Titaniums that were built after mine (none configured quite right unfortunately)...

What do you mean by "none configured quite right"? Also, what equipment group did you select?

Edited by Chipster

I actually had that same problem with mine. Was built and then just sat for weeks. Nobody could give me an answer. I would imagine it all depends on where rail cars / carriers are heading and how they can optimize their routes.

I spoke with the dealer and they told that a car is probably on quality check.

I decided to don't wait and took one they recently received from their stock only different color, because my assumption that if car went to quality check for so long time, this means that something was wrong with the car.

Ok, even weirder - my car arrived at the dealer this afternoon. If you're following along, I ordered Feb. 15. It arrived March 4. That's THREE WEEKS.

I'm speechless.

Photos when I pick it up in the next few days!

Perhaps the dealer modified or used an existing order. That's really quick!

Here's a quick pic. Picked it up yesterday. Super impressed with it overall - only have a minor gripe about the build quality of the center stack, as some pieces don't line up flush with each other. But I've noticed this on several Edges. Not a deal breaker.

Regarding the fast order turnaround, I was told that the dealer also ordered an F-150 just after my Edge was ordered and it also arrived at the same time mine did. I guess we both got good factory karma!

Looking forward to having this as my daily driver. Again!

post-393-0-44039200-1457315361_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I did not notice this issue on mine, but will look more closely to see if I have the same thing. On early inspection and after putting 50 miles on it I find it to be very quiet and free of rattles and road noise. I expect after putting more mileage on it I will pick up some, but let's see. Here are a few pictures.

post-35611-0-92437000-1457473724_thumb.jpg

post-35611-0-00346900-1457473764_thumb.jpg

• Like 1