Side Sensing System

tgros

Does anyone know how to turn off the side sensing and parking aid systems?

Sometimes when I am driving in slow traffic (New York!) it starts beeping. It also turns down the volume of the telephone conversation through the bluetooth connection, making it very difficult to continue the conversation.

The manuals should be in digital form and have some type of software on the sync system so we could check them on the head unit anytime.

Download the PDF and put it on your phone. It would work faster than having it on the headunit. You can easily search using a PDF viewer on your phone.

NO ... TMI ... SIMPLIFY!!! Seriously, the manuals are real tomes. The ole timey epics ain't got nuttin' on these things.

no kidding. I read through my manual cover to cover, and it seems like 80-90% of each page's text is listed under WARNING or ALERT. If they could have a manual telling me about the car and leave out what NOT to do with the car the information would be much more presentable, and probably only about 40 pages instead of 500+ of mind-numbing (and usually 110% obvious) warnings.

Edited by redlancer

no kidding. I read through my manual cover to cover, and it seems like 80-90% of each page's text is listed under WARNING or ALERT. If they could have a manual telling me about the car and leave out what NOT to do with the car the information would be much more presentable, and probably only about 40 pages instead of 500+ of mind-numbing (and usually 110% obvious) warnings.

Blame that on the idiots who did something really stupid that, usually, common sense would tell you not to do. And then sued Ford because they didn't tell them they should have done that.

So split it into 2 documents. First one is 45 pages and tells me about the features of the vehicle. The second one is 480 pages titled 'If you do any of this you will die and don't say we didn't warn you'

Oh no. That is too much for idiots to figure out. They want the warnings right in the same place as proper instruction.

Just like the stupid warnings they put on sun visors about air bags

IMG_3469.jpg

• Like 1

So split it into 2 documents. First one is 45 pages and tells me about the features of the vehicle. The second one is 480 pages titled 'If you do any of this you will die and don't say we didn't warn you'

That would never pass the legal test. Don't get me wrong - I think it's incredibly stupid, too but that's what happens when judges and juries reward stupidity without any personal responsibility.