Car and Driver Info

chicagoslick

I almost bought the smaller Cherokee

For me a major roadblock was 4.4% leasing rate. Transmission issues were fixed for 2016 MY.

Cherokee Limited 3.2 is still really nice machine, and it's active cruise works awesome and even lane assist is better than Ford's

Anyway Edge is faster, has much bigger trunk and is more fun to drive. I don't regret choosing Edge over Cherokee.

• Like 1

#1 is the Jeep "Grand Cherokee", not the "Cherokee". It has the ZF 8 speed train, RWD based, sized similar to the Edge. It can be optioned up to be much more luxurious than the Edge or sportier. In my opinion, unless you really need the extra off road capabilities, for similarly priced models, the Edge is the better vehicle.

For me a major roadblock was 4.4% leasing rate. Transmission issues were fixed for 2016 MY.

Cherokee Limited 3.2 is still really nice machine, and it's active cruise works awesome and even lane assist is better than Ford's

Anyway Edge is faster, has much bigger trunk and is more fun to drive. I don't regret choosing Edge over Cherokee.

Reading on their forums some people in 16's are still having the disappearing 2nd gear issues(downshift from 3rd/4th straight to first and makes a big clunk when doing it. And my neighbour who has a 16 Limited just had the dreaded service trans soon message. So I question those reports.