Difference between the model year 2015 and 2016 Edge Titanium

luvford2

We are pretty sure we will purchase the 2016 Edge TITANIUM when it arrives to dealerships.

Other than the Sync3 replacing the MyFordTouch (one reason we will wait for the 2016), and price increase(ugh..lol), are there any other changes from the 2015 to the 2016?

Edited by luvford2

It appears that for 2016 the Titainums with 301A or 302A get the same suede inserts as the Sport if you get the ebony leather color....

2015 MY window sticker

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=Jb%2FnAvVH%2F6wMwhMz9rufyj6Ll%2BhtpHm4i3h%2FpjUTc07rfvlG7UxqH3uAdyy2NUE8S4uJbq7ygggrQ%2FuxOi7AVps8geYyC2nvkt%2F5ncbJq55efCp9f2lKS7QxmMknJkJZmQI1vyTpcdSDYpZkoaGeo7MDocE9%2BURtM%2F%2FiQtDhteo%3D

2016 MY window sticker

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=%2BsAq3gOOxyJSkuO3uy2yBIFUa67Mwe4XcjSbktFuOsJlBNwEL4mwfVI6GKCboU5shU140b6vh%2BHgATlwjAc3ijvlvhfnWEixQ9TPck1a%2FYe501MjTXQzaYrj9tZSDolZ%2BkKSS%2F7gO1PmwW%2Be8KUH2KFCNU0qPqMmOrG6uEqZGQ0%3D

The build your own tool confirms this as well. See the screenshots below:

The first attachment is without the suede and 300A

The second attachment is with 301A

post-31840-0-42932100-1451272043_thumb.png

post-31840-0-10059900-1451272053_thumb.png

post-31840-0-42932100-1451272043.png

post-31840-0-10059900-1451272053.png

look at the window stickers I posted. Look at the interior color section in both. They are different. Also go to the build your own tool and compare it to the preview for the Sport interior if you don't believe me. It is a big oversight for it not to be in the order guide. But it's in both the window sticker and on the build your own tool. I'd say this is pretty official.

Hey cab2g;

I am not being combative here, just trying to figure this out. (I did not see the interior on the sticker) I just had a lengthy on line chat with Ford and even they are confused. I sent you the transcript in a private msg. I can post it if you think it is appropriate. I am about to order a 2016 and it would really be nice if I knew what I was going to receive. There is also an issue with the sport power steering wheel that I reported several weeks ago that still has not been fixed on-line. I guess these are just new model year glitches but I would think they would jump on them. This seat thing is big. I like the leather more than the suede but I am getting a Sport so I am stuck. If suede is the only perforated option on the Titanium we need to know that.

Just checked my window sticker for my 2016 Titanium with 301A and it shows Interior: Ebony Perforated Leather.

Googled other 2016 Titaniums with 301A/302A and they all show Perforated Leather.

I would be quite pleased if my Edge showed up with the suede inserts, but I'm not holding my breath.

Check your own VIN:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=

Edited by knickerbocker

Just checked my window sticker for my 2016 Titanium with 301A and it shows Interior: Ebony Perforated Leather.

Googled other 2016 Titaniums with 301A/302A and they all show Perforated Leather.

I would be quite pleased if my Edge showed up with the suede inserts, but I'm not holding my breath.

Check your own VIN:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=

Maybe the US and Canada get different trims. My window sticker definitely shows suede.....

post-31840-0-34059600-1451325284_thumb.png

post-31840-0-34059600-1451325284.png

• Like 1

BIG NEWS. Titanium with 301A comes with suede inserts.

Please wait. An operator will be with you shortly.
Bruce says:
Hello. This is Bruce. How can I assist you with your build today?
CAB says:
hi Bruce, I noticed when you add 301A to the Edge Titanium and have ebony leather, the interior preview changes to show suede inserts. But if you have ceramic interior and switch between 300A and 301A the preview does not change
Bruce says:
You get the Suede inserts on the Titanium when you get the upgraded perforated seats.
CAB says:
but I don't see anything mentioning suede in the feature list for Titaniums
Bruce says:
This issue has been documented to be fixed. The Suede is included on the perforated seats in the Titanium and the leather seats on Sport.
CAB says:
So the Sport for 2016 no longer has suede inserts?
Bruce says:
Yes, the Titanium and SPort models both have suede inserts. It is optional on the Titanium and standard on the Sport.
CAB says:
ahh ok. Thanks for confirming!

• Like 1

Wow! I wonder why the window stickers or order guides don't mention this for the rest of us.

Here's hoping for a nice surprise when I pick up my Edge!

Yeah who knows. Hopefully in a week Ford will have updated the order guides and their web site to reflect the proper information.

CAB2g;

Same guy I chatted with yesterday and sent you the transcript. That's why he knows so much. Anyway, I hope you got what you wanted. They have a lot of work to do on their different web sites.

Good luck

Well there are pluses and minuses. On the plus side, it's sold as an "upgraded" option. So technically more bragging rights. On the down side, it's harder to clean. If push came to shove, and I could chose between the two for no cost difference, I'd personally chose leather. But it's not a deal breaker by any means because Ford puts the Miko Suede in their high end models so the market probably perceives it as high end and it will increase resale value by a couple bucks, hopefully.

I like the look and it'll probably be more comfortable to sit on in the summer if you're wearing shorts.

I got a response from FordService that they have to look into it further. Bruce, as shown above seems to be confident that the Titanium comes with the suede inserts if you get 301A. I also got another email response from Ford saying that there is no mention of suede in documents about the Titanium. But they didn't explain why the preview in the build your own tool and window sticker seems to indicate suede. So yeah, the jury is still out. Somebody knows for sure, but as with any large corporation, you have to ask a million people just to find the right person.

Edited by cab2g

I agree about the large corporation. The bigger they are the harder it is to make info available. I really think Bruce got that in his head when chatting with me. He went to several window stickers and saw the suede seats and make his assumption that they were standard in the 301. I would wager that is not the case.

As usual, keep us informed. I still have not ordered because of conflicting info such as the Powered Steering Wheel being standard or an option on the Sport.