lowered 2010 limited

fit1446

not gonna do a write up of installation. but it is pretty straight forward.i installed H&R lowering springs ,new struts and new shocks. all hand tools exept for electric impact for the spring compressors. doing them with a ratchet is not my idea of a good time. i also am looking for new wheels and wanted to see what black would look like so you know it...i ran out and got some plasti dip so i could get an idea without permannatly painting my chrome clad wheels..i personally like the black very much. here are a few pics...as of right now i have a 1.375" drop on all 4 wheels but i just finished them and drove for one day so they should settle a bit. alignment scheduled for tomorrow.post-38617-0-61433700-1452901859_thumb.jpgpost-38617-0-58364000-1452901863_thumb.jpgpost-38617-0-84450200-1452901868_thumb.jpgpost-38617-0-01939000-1452901874_thumb.jpgpost-38617-0-82291100-1452901883_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Lower looks great. Hopefully some springs get released for the 2015 sooner than later.

Ā 

I've personally never been a fan of black wheels, but they are a popular look. Growing up in the NW I've just always mentally associated black wheels with winter wheels.

Ā 

Of course I have the OEM 21's which are charcoal color, but plan to dip them a more interesting color come spring.

Lower looks great. Hopefully some springs get released for the 2015 sooner than later.

Ā 

I've personally never been a fan of black wheels, but they are a popular look. Growing up in the NW I've just always mentally associated black wheels with winter wheels.

Ā 

Of course I have the OEM 21's which are charcoal color, but plan to dip them a more interesting color come spring.

thats right.. you have the new suspension system...how is that new edge? is yours a sport? i honestly like the look of the original edge sports much more than i do the new ones..but i cant own a car under warranty because i would void that thing in the first week changing things and not wanting the dealer to do it..haha. is this your first edge or you traded in for a new one? i really like these h&r springs yet i would love another inch drop...i hope they settle in after a few weeks as i only got about 1 3/8 to 1 1/2 on one wheel.the ride is still very nice with a noticable difference in handling and body roll. and visably i can tell a huge difference but would like a bit more. the edge has such a large fender well gap . i saw they make aftermarket springs for your edge but they dont change the suspension height...

thats right.. you have the new suspension system...how is that new edge? is yours a sport? i honestly like the look of the original edge sports much more than i do the new ones..but i cant own a car under warranty because i would void that thing in the first week changing things and not wanting the dealer to do it..haha. is this your first edge or you traded in for a new one?

First Ford. Came over from the Subaru world after about a decade. So far the new Sport is great, essentially a WRX for grown-ups :)

First Ford. Came over from the Subaru world after about a decade. So far the new Sport is great, essentially a WRX for grown-ups :)

i have a buddy that owns a local shop here in phx and shares a building with a modification/fabrication company,the owner is a subaru guy...his car is pretty grown up.it has both a turbo charger and a supercharger...its the craziest subaru ive ever seen.but welcome to the ford life...i love my edge,want a sport but just not done getting mine where i want it..as soon as i run out of things to do or i come close to the line of to much ill get a sport and start all over again..

that would be the one...only it wasnt painted at the time i saw it. he had just recently finished motor. i rode in it and it honestly is sketchy!! like so easily out of control if you dont know how to drive...power has no drop it is so responsive from the push of the peddle...turbo takes over pretty quickly. he was still tuning it. but the guy is an awesome fabricator.. very very impressive car

yes it is, though the front image is a render of what I'm doing. the interior is done, finished wrapping all the red the other day, now my wife wants me to put the carbon fiber up the whole center of the console/radio, so I have to wait for that vinyl to come in.
12466264_10207009366966020_9446840230523

Ā 

12509281_10207009366886018_2891777121223

Ā 

12509249_10207009366526009_7680480400969

Ā 

finally got the steering wheel part done
12472665_10207014359490830_1168650768306

Ā 

Ultra Red Monster was actually my inspiration for the color choice. The red I wrapped the trim in is almost an identical color match of the monster can. The Red is hard to capture in pics. but it's 3m Dragon Fire Red
12541100_10207019723864936_3279589842924

Ā 

Ā 

These are Renders of exterior
8484_10207008154135700_23291035297383799

12565473_10207009366486008_2972965489475

Ā 

This was the very first render I did, right after I bought the car in Sept.

11215732_10206871483159011_5584833868891

• Like 2

not gonna do a write up of installation. but it is pretty straight forward.i installed H&R lowering springs ,new struts and new shocks. all hand tools exept for electric impact for the spring compressors. doing them with a ratchet is not my idea of a good time. i also am looking for new wheels and wanted to see what black would look like so you know it...i ran out and got some plasti dip so i could get an idea without permannatly painting my chrome clad wheels..i personally like the black very much. here are a few pics...as of right now i have a 1.375" drop on all 4 wheels but i just finished them and drove for one day so they should settle a bit. alignment scheduled for tomorrow.attachicon.gif2010 ford edge 1.jpgattachicon.gifedge 246.JPGattachicon.gifedge 247.JPGattachicon.gifedge 250.JPGattachicon.gifedge 251.JPG

Ā 

Hey what shocks and struts did you go with? I'm actually moving to AZ in June from Ohio and I'm planning on doing the same suspension upgrade you did.

I used Gabriel ... They are middle of the road. Didn't want to spend a ton of cash on struts although there are benefits to them. If you plan on racing around a closed circuit track :-) As far as springs... H&R is the only way to go. There are a few more out there but they don't give you as much drop and through my research they are the best available.let me know how it goes. Post some pics

imo your not goimg to notice a difference unless you are practicing your apexing of corners in your neigborhood..you will enjoy the added steering control and less body roll of the springs however. there are lots of overpriced struts online...car to carid.com they have lots of high end suspension parts.

now that is a noticable mod... i have been thinking about that very same thing. i think im gonna shell out for a tune next

i have some black rotars and caliper covers on order, my new rims should be here this week i will post some pics after install. actually thought about taking up the last few inches of my fender gap with 22's until i saw the cost of tires... holy s$&t!!! i wish the springs just gave like one more inch and it would be perfect...im just gonna add weights onto each corner of the car..should work right??