Edge floor mats

Rusty

I can't believe how quickly the camel floor mats got dirty. After only 3 days, they're filthy and dark. So we purchased the black floormats, and they look great in the two tone interior. However the rear mats don't really fit around the seat bolts.

Anyone else have this problem?

I can't believe how quickly the camel floor mats got dirty. After only 3 days, they're filthy and dark. So we purchased the black floormats, and they look great in the two tone interior. However the rear mats don't really fit around the seat bolts.

Rusty,

Hey I really like your idea. I have been trying to decide on which color interior to go with. I like the charcoal because it doesn't show the dirt, especially on the floor mats. I am looking at getting a White Sand and most come with camel interior. I like the look of the camel leather and the door inserts, I just know that the camel floor mats will show the dirt. Is there anyway you can take some pictures of your camel interior with the black floor mats? I would like to see how this looks. I think it will blend in nicely because of the existing black and camel color scheme. That's kind of weird about your rear ones. When you hold them up to the ones that came with the Edge are they the same? Maybe you got mats for the wrong model?

Clayton

That's interesting. I purchased the Weather Tech floor liners and noticed that the rear liner on the passenger side doesn't fit quite right. It covers the bolts okay, but doesn't line up perfectly with posts from the front passengers seat. It is usable though.

That's interesting. I purchased the Weather Tech floor liners and noticed that the rear liner on the passenger side doesn't fit quite right. It covers the bolts okay, but doesn't line up perfectly with posts from the front passengers seat. It is usable though.

Spend your money on the Weathertech FITTED Edge mats. Fit much better than standard mats and much better than any Ford provided product.

Is there anyway you can take some pictures of your camel interior with the black floor mats? I would like to see how this looks. I think it will blend in nicely because of the existing black and camel color scheme. That's kind of weird about your rear ones. When you hold them up to the ones that came with the Edge are they the same? Maybe you got mats for the wrong model?

Clayton

Great idea with the comparison thing. I'll do that tomorrow. And I'll get some pix to show the floor mats. I have to say that everyone that sees the black mats with the embroidery, including our Ford dealer, really likes the idea.

We owned a Volvo XC70, and the rear cargo mat, very thick, had a tight loop carpet look to it and withstood much abuse. Wish I could get something like that material for the Edge cargo area as the black rubber mat doesn't work for storage of white color clothing without rubber marks.

Thanks for your comments....

Rusty

Spend your money on the Weathertech FITTED Edge mats. Fit much better than standard mats and much better than any Ford provided product.

I'll look them up on the Web, but we like to purchase actual Ford products for our vehicles, to a fault. Will still check them out...

Thanks.

Rusty

Great idea with the comparison thing. I'll do that tomorrow. And I'll get some pix to show the floor mats. I have to say that everyone that sees the black mats with the embroidery, including our Ford dealer, really likes the idea.

We owned a Volvo XC70, and the rear cargo mat, very thick, had a tight loop carpet look to it and withstood much abuse. Wish I could get something like that material for the Edge cargo area as the black rubber mat doesn't work for storage of white color clothing without rubber marks.

Thanks for your comments....

Rusty

Rusty,

Pardon my ignorance, but what emboridery are you talking about on the floor mats? Everytime I have looked at the Edge, the floor mats have been wrapped in plastic in the rear storage, so I don't think I have actually seen them. Is there a Ford or Edge logo emboridered into them? Or do they have contrasting stitching like the charcoal leather seats do? Also are the mats a deep black or more similar to the charcoal leater? How well do they match the rest of the dark surfaces in your Edge?

Clayton

I'll look them up on the Web, but we like to purchase actual Ford products for our vehicles, to a fault. Will still check them out...

Thanks.

Rusty

No sweat. After much searching and seeing nothing available or planned from Ford, I went with W-tech.

Ford should OEM and sell the W-Tech product and get it right, IMO.

Rusty,

Any chance to take those pictures over the weekend? Curious to see your black (charcoal) floor mats in the camel interior. Also the embroidery.

Clayton

Time to get a new digital camera. :( No pix yet.

These were purchased through the dealer parts department as an accessory, and were not part of our vehicle's package. The word "Edge" is imprinted on the outer edge of the front floor mats perpendicular to your feet (Isn't there a grammar rule about using a word twice in the same sentence?). I believe you can see a copy of the pix in the accessories catalogue online (sorry for no link).

The rear floor mats DO NOT match the original factory mats which leads me to believe that they may have ordered the wrong year mats? I plan to go to the parts department next week to ask and use the mats for comparison.

The actual color is black and perfectly matches the stitching in the leather, the steering wheel, and all other black colors in my camel interior.

The camel color picks up dirt so much that the left foot rest area on the driver's side is already dirty. I wonder if spraying with scotchguard would help?

These were purchased through the dealer parts department as an accessory, and were not part of our vehicle's package. The word "Edge" is imprinted on the outer edge of the front floor mats perpendicular to your feet (Isn't there a grammar rule about using a word twice in the same sentence?). I believe you can see a copy of the pix in the accessories catalogue online (sorry for no link).

The rear floor mats DO NOT match the original factory mats which leads me to believe that they may have ordered the wrong year mats? I plan to go to the parts department next week to ask and use the mats for comparison.

The actual color is black and perfectly matches the stitching in the leather, the steering wheel, and all other black colors in my camel interior.

The camel color picks up dirt so much that the left foot rest area on the driver's side is already dirty. I wonder if spraying with scotchguard would help?

Hi Rusty. :D Yes, ScotchGuard would certainly help. While it won't keep the dirt off of it (like a mat), it will help keep it from staining and make cleaning it much easier.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Hey just post them as soon as you can. I really want to see how this looks. I bet it works since there the interior is already black and camel. Too bad about the floor mats though. I didn't think there was any changes like that between the 07's and the 08's? How much of a difference is there? Do the factory mats also have the name EDGE embroidered on them?

Clayton

Hey just post them as soon as you can. I really want to see how this looks. I bet it works since there the interior is already black and camel. Too bad about the floor mats though. I didn't think there was any changes like that between the 07's and the 08's? How much of a difference is there? Do the factory mats also have the name EDGE embroidered on them?

Clayton

Hi Clayton. :D The Factory mats are not embroidered. The Ford Accessory mats are the ones which are embroidered. The Ford Accessory mats are also a little heavier, a little larger, and of a bit higher quality than the Factory mats. You can order the through your Dealers Parts Department, among other places.

Most likely there are other aftermarket manufacturers/distributors of embroidered floor mats, I just do not know of one off the top of my head. Maybe WeatherTech or California Car Covers?

Hope this information helps.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 2 weeks later...
How much of a difference is there? Do the factory mats also have the name EDGE embroidered on them?

Clayton

OK. I guess the wife had a senior moment when she put the rear mats in, and I followed suit. The rear mats DO fit fine....just needed to switch positions. :shades:

Unfortunately, though, the camel flooring that is exposed (entry to rear area, left foot rest for driver, hump in the rear, seems to get dirtier than anything we've ever owned from Ford. We're not in a particulary muddy or dirty area. Even our dealer said that he was upset about how quickly the carpeting gets dirty as well.

Interesting on the White Sand color... we believe it looks better than the creme, and we keep getting stopped by people interested in our vehicle, even drivers of the Lexus and Beemers.

Rusty

OK. I guess the wife had a senior moment when she put the rear mats in, and I followed suit. The rear mats DO fit fine....just needed to switch positions. :shades:

Unfortunately, though, the camel flooring that is exposed (entry to rear area, left foot rest for driver, hump in the rear, seems to get dirtier than anything we've ever owned from Ford. We're not in a particulary muddy or dirty area. Even our dealer said that he was upset about how quickly the carpeting gets dirty as well.

Interesting on the White Sand color... we believe it looks better than the creme, and we keep getting stopped by people interested in our vehicle, even drivers of the Lexus and Beemers.

Rusty

Glad to hear the mats fit and it wasn't a problem after all. That's a bummer about the camel getting so dirty easily. That is my concern with the camel interior over the charcoal. The wife really likes the Camel and White Sand, so do I but don't want to have to clean it ever day. I haven't seen any Limited's in White Sand and Charcoal. Well hope to be making the decision soon, have to see whats available when I go to buy.

Any chance for some pictures of the black mats in the camel interior? Also, show us some pictures of the parts that are getting dirty and what they look like. I can only imagine how bad the Medium Light Stone would be as it is almost white in color.

Clayton

Our 08 Limited came with both the carpeted camel floormats and the black rubber floormats from the factory. we took out the carpeted mats on the first day and have only been using the black rubber mats. We may use the carpeted mats for special occasions, but I suspect that they won't go back into the car until the day we sell it.

Go for the Weather Tech Floor Liners for the 08 Edge. I just got them and they are awesome! they cover so much area then just standard mats and look awesome. I have the camel interior so I went with the camel floor liners and they look great, glad i didnt go with black. got the camel cargo liner to from w-tech and thats awesome as well. Little pricey, but well worth in protecting the easily soiled camel carpet.

Go for the Weather Tech Floor Liners for the 08 Edge. I just got them and they are awesome! they cover so much area then just standard mats and look awesome. I have the camel interior so I went with the camel floor liners and they look great, glad i didnt go with black. got the camel cargo liner to from w-tech and thats awesome as well. Little pricey, but well worth in protecting the easily soiled camel carpet.

Can you post pictures of your Weather Tech floor liners? Would like to see them in front seats, back seats and cargo. Thought I read somewhere that their tan doesn't really match the Camel on the Edge?

Clayton

I agree with the WeatherTech mats - I have had them before. I agree, First rate product and they protect well. Another option to consider - although not a rubber or vinyl type of mat is the Catch-All Carpeted mats. Color is a matter of taste - I have the camel interior and opted for the black Catch-All carpeted mats - depending on where you live - these may be a better choice for the summer or drier months if you prefer the feel of carpet as opposed to rubber or vinyl. I had a set of these in my 99 Explorer EB in camel and loved them, they did get dirty fast though due to the light color. Since the Edge has a black dash that's why I had the mats in black - I think the contrast is nice. I plan to l use my catch-all mats in the summer on top of the factory rubber mats and just leave the factory rubber mats in place for now. Like I said, its a matter of taste - either way these are good products.

I agree with the WeatherTech mats - I have had them before. I agree, First rate product and they protect well. Another option to consider - although not a rubber or vinyl type of mat is the Catch-All Carpeted mats. Color is a matter of taste - I have the camel interior and opted for the black Catch-All carpeted mats - depending on where you live - these may be a better choice for the summer or drier months if you prefer the feel of carpet as opposed to rubber or vinyl. I had a set of these in my 99 Explorer EB in camel and loved them, they did get dirty fast though due to the light color. Since the Edge has a black dash that's why I had the mats in black - I think the contrast is nice. I plan to l use my catch-all mats in the summer on top of the factory rubber mats and just leave the factory rubber mats in place for now. Like I said, its a matter of taste - either way these are good products.

Goatee,

Any chance of seeing some pictures of your black Catch-All carpeted mats in your camel interior? How good of a fit or match to the factory carpeted mats are the Catch-All's?

Clayton

Can you post pictures of your Weather Tech floor liners? Would like to see them in front seats, back seats and cargo. Thought I read somewhere that their tan doesn't really match the Camel on the Edge?

Clayton

i will take some pics now and post. they are a little darker...but believe me they look great! i think 100% better then black. be back with pics