Edge floor mats

Rusty

Part II Weathertech Floor Liners

I did my best with the picks, some need to be rotated, you may need to download and rotate in a pic program. If you have kids...for the long haul...definately get these...we had a rainy weekend this past weekend and sure what glad i got my liners...my camel carpet would have been trashed. Do you see how its like molded up on the edges...really is a good protector and barrier then normal mats. hope this helps you....wish i had pics before i purchased! eventhough still satisfied...just for color selection.

On your cargo carrier mat picture, I noticed an edge is on the side of the mat that is next to the back of the second row seats. If you have the second row seats down flat how does this lip line up with the second row seats. In other words does it get in the way if you have a large box or other large stuff being loaded in from the rear?

Goatee,

Any chance of seeing some pictures of your black Catch-All carpeted mats in your camel interior? How good of a fit or match to the factory carpeted mats are the Catch-All's?

Clayton

Clayton -Sorry I dont have a digital camera but I think the fit is great. I am still in the Kodak disposable camera era. Anyways, the color contrast works for me but as I said, individual taste will determine what you buy. Hey if you dont like the way it looks or fits, return it..

On your cargo carrier mat picture, I noticed an edge is on the side of the mat that is next to the back of the second row seats. If you have the second row seats down flat how does this lip line up with the second row seats. In other words does it get in the way if you have a large box or other large stuff being loaded in from the rear?

not sure about the lip...i will very rarely put the seats down since my husband has a truck and we use that if we had to lug something around. wouldnt see it as being a huge problem though.

We just got Catch-All mats for our Edge. The quality is good but not too impressed by color match. We have medium light stone interior and Catch-All offers "factory colors" so we ordered medium light stone mats. The mats look more like a camel shade but the supplier says they are medium light stone.

We just got Catch-All mats for our Edge. The quality is good but not too impressed by color match. We have medium light stone interior and Catch-All offers "factory colors" so we ordered medium light stone mats. The mats look more like a camel shade but the supplier says they are medium light stone.

My interior is actually camel. I ordered the rear cargo mat by Catch-All. The only choice was Charcoal. Well, to me charcoal means black - right? Go to any ford dealer and order a charcoal interior and you get black seats... Well, anyways my rear cargo mat comes in and the box says "medium gray" on the outside. Before I opened it, I called customer service - they told me that medium gray is what they refer to as charcoal. I pulled them out of the box and what do I see - camel colored rear cargo mats. A perfect match. Even though I wanted the black for contrast - these look fine and who cares, they are really in the trunk anyhow

Spend your money on the Weathertech FITTED Edge mats. Fit much better than standard mats and much better than any Ford provided product.

My Weathertech floor mats drained water onto the carpeting below and stained it. I contacted my vendor, they asked for pictures. I sent them off showing the "defect in design" and told them if I don't get my money back, I will contact my credit card company. If you look close at the weathertech mat, the lip or rim does not go all the way around and acts as a funnel directing snow melt off the mat and onto the carpet below. A poor design at best.

If you look at the images on their website, you will see that the rim or lip is only on the part of the mat that is flat on the floor and stops before the mat makes its upward incline under the brake and gas pedal. This directs dirty water onto the carpet, thus creating stains.

The ONLY way I would recomend them is if you buy the custom pan that weathertech makes to fit below their floor mat. Another $100+. I received my money back and will probably spend it on their backup system.

• 2 months later...

We bought the Weather Tech front floor matts listed specifically for the '08 Edge as well as the cargo liner.

We also have the camel interior with the Creme Brule exterior so we bought the tan color. It looks real good in our Edge and fit is great. We are very pleased with Weather Tech products.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I know no one likes my after market leather seats, so need to comment on those. But I had camel interior before leather seats were put in and I paid $400 to change my camel carpet to charcoal. I mean, there was a small black stain already on the seats when I purchased the car, plus the first day my kids got in the car the carpet was marked with tennis shoe foot prints. I could tell it was not going to be good. So, I made the decision of swapping out the carpet. And since I'm kind of all out of money I left the camel floor mats for as long as they will last me without looking totally horrible. So far so good and I love the way everything inside the car is two toned. The camel mats look good. It's sort of the opposite of what everyone else is talking about here, but it works for me.

gallery_3857_143_940.jpg

gallery_3857_143_1384.jpg

I also have the weathertech mat in the cargo area and to answer the person who wanted to know how folding down the seat and the mat getting in the way works out. For me, it has not been a problem so far. I folded the larger section of the second seat down to put in my photography studio lights and the lip that sticks up right at the edge of the mat actually helped me so that the lights did not slide all the way to my dash. :-) So far so good.

gallery_3857_143_70115.jpg

Edited by Andry

• 1 month later...

I also have the camel interior and carpeting. The carpeting in that light color might have been a mistake. Just received a set of floor mats manufactured by Lloyds (in black) and the fit is exceptional. I was afraid they would be like the mats one might get at Walmart, one size fits all, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Looks like the manufacturer measured my Edge for the exact fit. Front and back are great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Part II Weathertech Floor Liners

Great photos! Today was my first full day of enjoying my Edge and I immediately noticed how the Medium Light Stone carpet mats where showing dirt. Wish I had the Charcoal. I will surely get the WTech mats now. They look great and I don't have to worry about snow melt here in Savannah.

• 1 month later...

HI

me 2

my camel floor mats got dirty from the first day that i took the car

i'm searching for the weather tech but i didn't find it

also i've told the dealer and they said we dont know

DAMN my car will be so dirty inside if i didn't find it

Edited by MHD

HI

me 2

my camel floor mats got dirty from the first day that i took the car

i'm searching for the weather tech but i didn't find it

also i've told the dealer and they said we dont know

DAMN my car will be so dirty inside if i didn't find it

I have the Med Lt Stone interior and I ended up going with black floor mats. I just don't think I would get a close enough match with gray or beige (which are about your only choices with mats). I really like the contrast and the black doesn't look out of place because most of the dash and side panels are already two tone.

I went with the WeatherTech cargo mat in the rear, but I decided to go generic with the floor mats ($20 Rubbermaid at WalMart and they look great!). The WeatherTech mats are a bit pricey. If you live in a snow area, I would probably go with WT, but you realy don't need the total coverage unless you plan on being in a lot of mud or slush.

Here is the site you want.

http://www.weathertech.com/

As I earlier posted, when we bought our 2008 we naturally wanted floor mats.

After some research we bought a set of front only WeatherTech All-Weather mats in tan. They were good for awhile but I found it hard to get them clean from normal everyday foot dirt. The "tan" seemed to age some and got darker w/age. They didn't match anything in the interior. ???

I recently ordered a set of the WeatherTech Floor Liners in black. They arrived yesterday. WOW, what a difference. They look great with the black side panels and dash of the Edge. The fit of these liners is outstanding. :rockon:

The important thing is that my wife likes them better, that's a good thing, and now wants a set for the rear.

Edited by Retired_97

• 1 month later...
Are there any other manufacturers besides WeatherTech that offer fitted rubber floor and cargo mats for Ford Edges? Thanks.

Doug

I bought Huskyliner cargo mat and front liners for my 2008 Edge.

The are form fitted to fit exactly. I wish I knew about these on previous cars

http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/20A...ners|1177231028

• 2 months later...