Turn Signal Sound

Hello all!

My wife and I are very interested in purchasing a 2016 Edge (leaning heavily towards the Sport). However we have found one item extremely annoying, possibly to the point of looking at purchasing a different vehicle:

The turn signal. Oh my goodness, it is loud and very cheesy sounding. We test drive yesterday for a couple of hours and it annoyed us badly during that time. BMW's must use this same sound, wilhich would explain why they never use their turn signals. Seriously though, is there way to adjust the volume of the turn signal sound?

Thank you all for your insight!

I'm not aware there's any way to adjust the volume of it, nor do I think a dealer would have the tools to do so.

Maybe I'm weird but I actually really like Ford's turn signal sound. It's different and not as "clicky" as other manufacturers.

Hello all!

My wife and I are very interested in purchasing a 2016 Edge (leaning heavily towards the Sport). However we have found one item extremely annoying, possibly to the point of looking at purchasing a different vehicle:

The turn signal. Oh my goodness, it is loud and very cheesy sounding. We test drive yesterday for a couple of hours and it annoyed us badly during that time. BMW's must use this same sound, wilhich would explain why they never use their turn signals. Seriously though, is there way to adjust the volume of the turn signal sound?

Thank you all for your insight!

I can't say this is an easy remedy..... but once you hit advanced age..... say 60-70 years old, noises no longer are a problem. That's why you see us oldsters driving around with our turn signals on..... we can't hear them anymore. That also works for those nagging rattles. Good luck on your aging process! Jack

• Like 2

Guess the Edge is much quieter than what you drive now. Wife and I both commented how quiet the Edge was when we first got our '15. Just turn up the radio! Wife drives our about 95% of the time, I drive it on trips. I can't really say the turn signals are loud or noticeable. Of all the vehicles I've owned the turn signals are the least obtrusive I've ever had, they cancel when they should, and they don't cancel when they shouldn't. My '96 F-250 has that problem!

If you think the 2015 Edge is quiet (and it is) you would be blown away by the new MKX. It's that much better.

I've been wanting to test drive one, but am afraid I'll suddenly not like my Edge as much. :)

Sat in one at the auto show. So comfortable. The 360 cam is awesome too.

I've been wanting to test drive one, but am afraid I'll suddenly not like my Edge as much. :)

Sat in one at the auto show. So comfortable. The 360 cam is awesome too.

We drove a Titanium Edge and Reserve MKX back to back. The MKX was $7K more. We now own the MKX. The seats and the sound system are amazing.

And for the last several years we've chosen Titanium Fords over Lincolns because we didn't necessarily like the styling and there wasn't enough difference to justify the added cost of the Lincoln. That's most definitely changed now.

Edited by akirby

The Edge is definitely quieter than our current cars (2010 Mazda CX-9 and 2016 Honda HR-V), so that very well may play into it.

We also tried an MKX, but to get the equipment I want (including that kick butt 2.7 Ecoboost) is an additional $8k. I like it, but not that much more.

We drove a Titanium Edge and Reserve MKX back to back. The MKX was $7K more. We now own the MKX. The seats and the sound system are amazing.

And for the last several years we've chosen Titanium Fords over Lincolns because we didn't necessarily like the styling and there wasn't enough difference to justify the added cost of the Lincoln. That's most definitely changed now.

Interesting. I came from a 14 Fusion Titanium and had test drove an MKZ. Found the difference to not be worth it.

MKX must've stepped up the game quite a bit.

If you think the 2015 Edge is quiet (and it is) you would be blown away by the new MKX. It's that much better.

I actually run in cold winter temps down to Zero degrees F with the passenger door window 1/4 to 1/3 down on my straight piped POWERSTROKE F-250 so I can hear the turbo whistle. Quiet is not an important quality in my vehicles. And Ford puts an awesome heater in their light trucks!

You ever rode/drove an International semi-tractor with a 2-cycle Detroit Diesel? I think they would b quieter riding inside the crankcase than riding in the cab!

• 4 weeks later...