Edge completely wrapped satin pearl white with new wheels

drjoe

Agree, the spoiler should of came off but I know the guy and he cut me a great deal I would feel really bad if i told him what to do. I am really happy with the end result tho, the pictures don't really show the beauty of the vinyl. It's one of these things that you have to see in person.

REPAINT! Cost man, cost. Unless you go Earl Shibe. As I said before a really GOOD repaint will run $10K or maybe more now days. There are some less expensive jobs out there but you wouldn't want them after a few years. I just paid $1000 to have the hood on my 33 Ford Vicki redone. It blew off in transport from Florida. Fortunately it landed in the center medium and wasn't run over, just skinned up.

Burke

Edited by Redbow

That sounds really high. I looked on Angie's and found the following for the best paint costs:

"A platinum paint job includes light chip and scratch repair, priming and block sanding all areas, and a urethane sealer. It also comes with a five-year warranty."

"Frost says his prices start at $299 for a basic job, and up to $3,000 for a premium show-car-quality finish, which includes a full wet sand and buff. He adds the base coat clearcoat offerings, which are part of the premium and platinum packages the company offers, start at about $1,200."

For a professional factory like paint job here in Canada I would have to spend 10k. Vinyl is good for me , it protects my paint and if I ever have a scratch all I need to do is get the one panel rewrapped. Also if I get bored of the color I can always change it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Your car looks great. When I was in open-wheeled racing the asphalt cars were wrapped. It was pretty expensive because of the designs. Luckily they were all covered by sponsorship. The dirt cars were always painted. Tried to run once with the dirt car in a wrap, but after a couple of races it looked pretty beat up.

• Like 1