Clicking on front right wheel? Anyone else?

2011edgese

Hi guys.... still love the car. Its been good to me with no issues but the ajar we all have. But for the first time its developed a kind of platicky mettalic clicking noise when i make a left or right turn. Its coming from the front right wheel. I suspected maybe the wheel bearing but my local oil shop guy drove it and heard it and thinks its a axle issue. You only heart it with the window down. But its audible outside for sure. Anyone had axle issues? What do you guys think? The guy said to keep driving until it gets louder or constantly makes the noise. Currently the noise is absence when driven straight. Its just while making turns. Clues? Thxs!

Ya.. i used to work on cars long ago. I remember cv joints just getting noisy and developing some play. But never saw on break off. Crossing my fingers. But then again... the cars were the classic Alfa Romeos. Not sure how the cv joints are build now. Anyone care to give your opinion on driving this thing longer? A quick google search gave me a prive of about 500 to 600$ price for the job. Anyone know if thats accurate?

Edited by 2011edgese

Dang.. its a dead link. What title should i search on yt?

Looks like an extra dot got added when I cut and pasted on my Android. The correct url is:

Ā 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Ot_CgAjyCFQ

Ā 

And the title is "Fixing A Car That Clacks When You Turn" by Scotty Kilmer. He makes it look easy.

Edited by enigma-2

That's funny. I just commented on two other questions about CV Joints. My FWD 2007 had both axles replaced aver a year ago to fix one side. I did both because my friend did them. A little over a hundred for both fronts on eBay. Made in USA and new not rebuilt. Labor was the large size Johnny Walker Black. Try a trusted mechanic. The dealership will scare you with prices.

Let me guess a metallic clinking sound Right? If so then it is a wheel bearing that is not torqued down tight enough. I had a wheel bearing making a metallic clink sound on acceleration or turning starts. Solution. Torque it down some more might be an additional 10-15 in lbs more is needed. Once the axle nut was torqued down some more the clinking stopped. Bet that is it. Simple little fix.

• Like 1

Let me guess a metallic clinking sound Right? If so then it is a wheel bearing that is not torqued down tight enough. I had a wheel bearing making a metallic clink sound on acceleration or turning starts. Solution. Torque it down some more might be an additional 10-15 in lbs more is needed. Once the axle nut was torqued down some more the clinking stopped. Bet that is it. Simple little fix.

That was my initial guess. But im leaning on cv joint. Its gotten more obvious in the frequency of the clicking. Kinda rules out the bearing i think. But ill give it a shot! Ill see when i very the wheel off