Ebay Black Ford Edge Grill installation

3500cc

Hi. I can't seem to paste in the url for this but if u go to ebay and search for "Black Ford Edge grill", you'll quickly find one for $89 shipped.

Has anyone installed a "replacement" unit like this? It is not a bolt over thing so it may require drilling. I'd like to know how hard it is to install and can I put back the stock one if I need to.

Thanks.

From what I've seen with grills like that- you cut out the OEM plastic grill very carefully until the billet one fits. Then you drill mounting tabs into the OEM grill shell. Aint no going back with that type of modification.

Edited by IWRBB

• 3 weeks later...

I finally changed the grill on my black 2011 Limited. I've never liked that big chrome smile from the OEM, so I wanted a black alternative like the Sport. I ordered the parts from Ford ($108 delivered). They come on black plastic so I chose to install them as is without painting as others on this forum have done. Thanks for this video by enigma-2 on this forum which made bumper removal a snap:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/20745-2011-2014-lower-chrome-grille-replacement/?do=findComment&comment=154262

The only changes to the enigma-2 video I came across were with the bolts under the bumper. Video showed 9 10mm. I only had 4 (2 10mm bolts on each end) and 3 plastic pop-pins in the middle. Quick work. To pull the bumper, having an extra pair of hands made this a quick job.

In my state you must have a from front license plate, and it took a bit longer to cut off the 2 plate holder rivets from the back, center it on the black replacement, drill the holes, and secure. But easy enough.

So here's the before and after pics. If I ever decide to have them painted and clear coated, I know it's an easy task to disassemble.

But I'm fine with this result. I'll monitor how it stands up :shift:

post-39090-0-11393000-1473164716_thumb.jpg

post-39090-0-85831600-1473164726_thumb.jpg

• Like 1