How to delete addresses in "Previous Destinations" file?

For a '16 Edge, can someone please explain how to delete the addresses from the "Previous Destinations" file? :headscratch: I tried today again and again with no luck. :shrug: In my '11 MKX, it was simple…you just went into the "previous destinations" file and besides each address there was an icon you could click to delete the addresses but I can't seem to find how to do it in my new '16 Edge. :rant2:

Any help is appreciated...

Claude. ;)

Looks like Ford is at it again not allowing the customer to do what they want. I want to delete 1 of 25. Sorry - Master reset to blow away EVERYTHING!!

Geeze that is like MFT that really only needed a reboot with its many issues - but all the Ford's advise was to Master reset & blow away everything- then we got smart and got the reboot app.

From Ford info on SYNC 3:

Use Recent Destinations to select from your last 25 navigation destinations.

Note: Previous destinations cannot be individually deleted from SYNC 3.

​Oh s**t!…. :rant:And I suppose they call that "progress"…yeah sure...

and

Looks like someone's trying to cover their tracks! ;)

Yeah…so what?... :swear:

Claude.

Looks like Ford is at it again not allowing the customer to do what they want. I want to delete 1 of 25. Sorry - Master reset to blow away EVERYTHING

I don't believe that any personal settings are deleted, channel settings, etc. are all retained.

Edited by enigma-2

I don't believe that any personal settings are deleted, channel settings, etc. are all retained.

I can confirm that it does wipe out all your settings. I had to do it today as my nav voice was barely audible and I lost the true North setting and my contacts (Samsung S6) were not showing in my contacts. This all happened yesterday. A master reset solved the issues, but I lost all of my destinations and radio settings. I have to start over from scratch. I tried a soft reboot (pressing the volume and >>> buttons at the same. The soft delete does not remove all the information, but a soft reboot did not work for me.

But they gave you back Latitude and Longitude.......

SO in Sync 3 you can add direct coordinates? NICE...I ranted on this a while back for those that didn't catch the reference . The times you might use are : When you directly save a spot that you are at & want to go to those exact coordinates, If in a state park to get to a specific spot (waterfall) , or a camp site specific spot , or royal parts of our states where no cross street or address just a RR, or web sites that a destination POI that gets you to their corp office vs the attraction...

Other MFT wish list rant was on a remote start with the heated seat and heated steering wheel - feature only activated at 32 or below & owner could not go into an advanced setting to make it say 34 or 40 or always on setting on a remote start... Impress me & say that Ford added/addressed that nice feature....

Edited by drpepper

Other MFT wish list rant was on a remote start with the heated seat and heated steering wheel - feature on activated at 32 or below & owner could not go into an advanced setting to make it say 34 or 40 or always on setting on a remote start... Impress me & say that Ford added/addressed that nice feature....

This has nothing to do with MFT. MFT gets a bad rap for many other vehicle functions. MFT is just part of the infotainment center. It isn't the brains of the entire vehicle.

This has nothing to do with MFT. MFT gets a bad rap for many other vehicle functions. MFT is just part of the infotainment center. It isn't the brains of the entire vehicle.

I know it is sync 3 related but since mod referenced an old MFT rant of mine on features that do not work the way you wanted - I added my experience with MFT & was wondering if some things were changed on Sync 3 - since I have not seen