wind noise/air leaking around rear door windows

cottinr

My 2016 edge has a very annoying and obvious air leak from the rear seat passenger door windows. It's very noticeable and annoying at highway speeds. It sounds as if the windows are partially open. My dealer has changed the window weatherstripping but to no avail. They have stated they don't know why it's noisy and don't have a fix. I'm not impressed obviously and they're waiting to see if Ford has an answer they are unaware of. it's been at the dealer for 4 days. Anyone else have that issue? Thanks.

Thanks everyone for the tips and opinions. The dealer has adjusted the door ( 2 days) and changed the weatherstripping around the window ( 2 days because they ordered the wrong parts). It is better, but still noisy in my opinion. But now the front passenger door rubs the rear passenger door upon opening, so back to the dealer again for them to correct that issue ( which was caused i am sure by them over adjusting the rear door)

Can anyone spell FRUSTRATED? All I know for sure is this Ford is far noisier on the inside than almost any other car I have ever owned. Maybe only my 65 mustang is noisier. But three trips to the dealer, and a total of 5 days in the shop so far, seems absolutely silly to me. By the way the edge only has only 3000 miles on it. Ugh

Thanks everyone for the tips and opinions. The dealer has adjusted the door ( 2 days) and changed the weatherstripping around the window ( 2 days because they ordered the wrong parts). It is better, but still noisy in my opinion. But now the front passenger door rubs the rear passenger door upon opening, so back to the dealer again for them to correct that issue ( which was caused i am sure by them over adjusting the rear door)

Can anyone spell FRUSTRATED? All I know for sure is this Ford is far noisier on the inside than almost any other car I have ever owned. Maybe only my 65 mustang is noisier. But three trips to the dealer, and a total of 5 days in the shop so far, seems absolutely silly to me. By the way the edge only has only 3000 miles on it. Ugh

That's why I don't even bother going to them for body alignment issues. better off doing it myself.

I thought I would let them try, after all its only 4 months old. I was just over there again and had the tech come outside and have a look so that I actually spoke to the guy doing the work. He's tried to fix it twice now, third time will be his last. The poor fit and finish on this vehicle astonishes me. Tomorrow they try again.

• 3 weeks later...

The vehicle is quiet for the most part, but the road/wind noise coming from those rear doors is noticable. If it's a windy day and you're on the Hwy it's very loud. The ford dealer seems to think it's no big deal. But having owned a honda and Toyota before I find the ford noisy. Il, have them try to tighten up the sunroof seal next. I have to open and close it twice to get the wind noise to stop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I noticed usually at speeds of 45+mph an increase in wind noise around the passenger rear door when driving. Also it was much more apparent when I had the radio off or turned down low.

Upon looking at the rear passenger door I noticed it appeared to be misaligned. A close look at the bolts inside I noticed it looks like someone attempted to readjust one because the factory paint was chipped off. Also the door is a clearly not alligned when looking at it from outside the car when compared to the drivers side passenger door. Then when I was washing the car I noticed what appeared to be blue tape at the top of the window plastic trim piece. Apparently it was never removed from the factory. I was nervous peeling it off at first thinking it was some kind of film that prevented paint damage. Upon visiting my dealer where I bought the car new fortunately one of the serivce technicians was able to identify the material.

I now have an appointment for a door realignment next Thursday and will have a courtesy car for the day. Hopefully it's quieter when I get it back.

post-48540-0-42697800-1508455935_thumb.jpg

post-48540-0-10463700-1508455963_thumb.jpg

post-48540-0-24910200-1508456038_thumb.jpg

post-48540-0-64673200-1508456218_thumb.jpg

Edited by GenEDGE
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up from the dealer last night. Took it home. Now the top right is bulging a little bit and the left side is no longer bulging. The wind noise is WORSE when hitting 50+MPH.

Also now the door needs to be closed harder or it stays ajar.

Also someone accidentally scratched the the wheelwell. Will have to buff that out more later with some scratch-x.

Not happy at all right now. Sitting at the dealer and they are going to take another look at it.

post-48540-0-53053800-1509451628_thumb.jpg

post-48540-0-47982300-1509451658_thumb.jpg

post-48540-0-25421000-1509451760_thumb.jpg

post-48540-0-98045600-1509451784_thumb.jpg

Edited by GenEDGE