Heated mirrors not working

Maybe they are working, only not warm enough for the freezing your getting. When there is no ice on them, feel them for heat after a while from turning the rear defrost on. An infrared thermometer would come handy to check. Do the mirrors have the heated mirror symbols on them?

• 2 weeks later...

I may be off base as I only have the schematic and manuals for 2009, 2010, but I believe it would be similar in yours.

Ā 

Power comes from fuse #45 in the Battery Junction Box (BJB). It powers the heated mirror relay. As your rear window is heating ok, we can assume this fuse is good.

Ā 

The power through the relay is controlled from fuse #28 in the Battery Junction Box (commonly called the fuse box in the engine compartment).

-Start by checking fuse #28 (refer to your owners manual to make certain that this is still the correct fuse).

-If it's ok (verify by replacing with an identical fuse known to be good) then it really comes down to the relay or wiring. I would guess the relay before the wiring, unless your or someone else has messed with the wiring. (In my 09 MKX, the relay is #29 in the BJB.)

• Like 1