Ford Edge SEL -A/C issue cold air passenger side but very hot air driver side

I have a problem with A/C in driver side only where it blows hot air whatever temp I set.

Passenger side is workig fine. I did some search and found it could be blend door issue.

Is there anyway to do further checks / tests to confirm it is really blend door?

As it is hard to reach the blend door from driver side, is there anything can be done without removing the part ?

Thanks in advance

• 5 months later...

This happened a while back on the wife's 2012 edge SEL model. I unplugged the actuator motor and plugged it back in and it went back to the cold setting. I'm pretty sure it will need replaced and the pass side just got stuck on heat so I unplugged it like I did the drivers side and its now back to blowing cold. This time I watched the door move while I changed the temp but it doesn't look like it blends very well meaning, its either full on AC or full on heat. So now I am researching changing both actuators.

• Like 1

had this happen on our 2013 SEL recently. D/S wont go to heat when asked.....last year I just unplugged the blend motor and re-plugged it back in and it worked for a year. Now it does not respond to that trick anymore so I am thinking I am going to have to replace blend motor on the d/s.....is there a step procedure out there anywhere or a part # of and where I should purchase this part? THANKS, kool

Try putting the hvac module into diagnostics mode and see what codes are displayed. Hold down the power and defrost buttons for a few seconds and then press the power button. The system will go into diagnostics mode. If it finishes with the code "88 88" it means it passed. It's possible that the system will work after this as it "re-zeros" the actuator(s).

Here's an excellent video explaining why it's failing (compares the old style in gen 1 with later style in gen 2+)

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

cant find any info for diag. in o/m. again, this is a 2013 SEL dual temp cntrl. with touch screen

that is not responding to sequence suggested...vehicle on or off.....everything working fine except d/s blend motor. Do like the video, thanks, just hope I can get the part in/out without dash removal. still searching for correct part #, somebody here must have swapped out this d/s actuator before....>>>. fast forward an hour,...I have removed the blend motor! 3 phillip screws. Just needed to take the 2 screws from lower steering trim and pop that piece out, swing it out of the way, get upside down in there with a flashlight on my forehead and use a Phillips screw driver to remove blend motor....now , waiting a few days for part # YH-1876. in the mean time, I manually moved linkage so that wife has heat....all I could see was maybe some extra grease spread about, not sure if that would cause failure. motor spins but don't have a way to check it for operation.

Edited by 2kool

Great to know , thank you. does not appear this test works for my sync touch panel though .....this is a 2013 SEL with dual climate control........internet reads a disconnect of neg. batt. cable is what can reboot a troubled system, also, there are 2 10amp interior fuses that operate climate control, checked those and both are good.......last week, I ordered a new o.e.m. part # YH-1876-7t47-193616-b. still unresponsive?? I decide that maybe I could test the new part on the passenger side of the vehicle since it has a working and what appears to be the same blend door motor but with different linkage. so I plugged it in without linkage attached to test and still did not move? I am hoping the new part is also defective and plan to return it and purchase another. this is not a difficult swap but getting frustrating for sure.

Edited by 2kool

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Having similar issue with 2013 Ford Edge. AC worked one day then was blowing hot on driver side cold on passenger side. Did a battery reset now only blows warm air and ac compressor keeps cycling on and off rapidly. Any suggestions?

The compressor cycling on and off could be a separate issue. If I remember correctly, it happens when the R134 level is either to high or to low. I recently overfilled my Taurus and she just blew warm air and the compressor was going crazy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...