Comprehensive List of Possible Forscan Mods?

ben senise

10 hours ago, Sunnyorlando said:

As to the DRL and high beam, yes it has an H15 in it and there are three wires going through the connector to the bulb. Are you suggesting that the high beam wire on the other end is not connected to anything?

You'd think that Ford would have wanted to save .005 cents for not running that wire there if it's not going to be used, imagine what that would save and weight on the vehicle..?

On my 2016 Edge, I remember there are only two wires connected to the bulb connector. Ground and DRL. Are you saying yours has 3 wires? If yes, then that's different and my statement above would then be wrong or not applicable to your Edge.

1 hour ago, omar302 said:

On my 2016 Edge, I remember there are only two wires connected to the bulb connector. Ground and DRL. Are you saying yours has 3 wires? If yes, then that's different and my statement above would then be wrong or not applicable to your Edge.

Yes, that is correct. I'd think there's a way to get power to it from the existing wiring.

Else - barring that I think can make a simple circuit using a relay to power the hi-beam when the HID triggers the eyelid/flipper that opens the HID for the pseudo hi-beam. There's enough room in the casing to have a small relay just sitting in there.

I think that adding that would improve the overall illumination on the road between the two.

1 hour ago, redden18 said:

Do not forget you can overheat and thus melt your bulb housing if using two filaments at the same time...

Moreover, you should think of power draw and about the sourse of additional power supply.

How it is done by Ford I think is reasonable...

The dual filament issue is a non-issue because the DRL goes off when the lights come on. So that leaves the high beams operating on the one filament when the high beams are on, and those housings were originally designed for high beams.

As to the power, using a relay you get the power from a good source which can be from several places - that's not a prob

The trigger for the relay is a very low draw and it can be done from any source in the headlight that activates when the high beam is selected, like from the HID high beam flapper thing.

Frankly, I have built many circuits for electronics and I have never had an issue doing so. I definitely need better headlights than those HIDs, and this might be the solution.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dasher21591 said:

On a 2001 Edge Limited  Has anyone been able to change the Temp gauge to give a temp number instead of just showing a Thermometer?

I've seen on some other Fords this has been done.

If anyone know the the mod # that would be great.

What Edge are you talking about? Edge was first presented in 2006 or 2007.

Mind posting a pictures of the issue you are referring to.

On 1/15/2023 at 8:55 AM, redden18 said:

What Edge are you talking about? Edge was first presented in 2006 or 2007.

Mind posting a pictures of the issue you are referring to.

It's a 2011 Edge Limited AWD  I don't have a pic of the Forscan because that's the issue not sure what mod it is.  Would  be nice to figure this out.  When I first looked into it I was concerned about it overheating because the fans never came on.  I sense have replaced the fan module and they run when I turn on the A/C so hopefully they will run in warmer weather.  With the  idiot symbol all I know is if it's warmed up or not and where it normally rides.  I just really don't know what temp it is.  Like I said in my first post there is youtube videos of this being change on some Fords and I've tried what they did but they were not the Edge and maybe the wrong year. Any help with this would be greatly appreciate.  now let's see if the pic will send  

Edge Dash.JPG

Edge Temp Gauge.JPG

On 1/15/2023 at 6:17 PM, Dasher21591 said:

On a 2001 Edge Limited  Has anyone been able to change the Temp gauge to give a temp number instead of just showing a Thermometer?

I've seen on some other Fords this has been done.

If anyone know the the mod # that would be great.

That mod is done on 2015+ F-150 models with the 8" IPC. Not possible on the Edge.

You can use an OBD2 Reader and an app to read the temperature, or enter Engineering Mode in the IPC.

• Like 1

I use FORScan Lite to monitor the exact ECT.   Engine Coolant Temperature.  Also Transmission Fluid Temp.

It is a pain to reconnect the phone and app every time I start the engine though.

I have seen the actual temp displayed in a 2022 Ford Bronco.  Along with actual voltage.   Would like to see that in my Edge.

Edited by JoeVic
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all.  New here.   I have an Edge, but my wife has a 2017 Explorer.  I've noticed on a few Fords we've owned, there was a split 4 part screen trip summary, however,  I do not see that on her Explorer.

I saw several here seem to have had some extensive testing with Forscan.  Do any of you know if there is a way to turn this on in the IPC in Forscan?

Attached is an example shot of the screen I am talking about.

images.jpeg

On 6/13/2023 at 8:51 PM, WolfgangJT said:

Hi all.  New here.   I have an Edge, but my wife has a 2017 Explorer.  I've noticed on a few Fords we've owned, there was a split 4 part screen trip summary, however,  I do not see that on her Explorer.

I saw several here seem to have had some extensive testing with Forscan.  Do any of you know if there is a way to turn this on in the IPC in Forscan?

Attached is an example shot of the screen I am talking about.

images.jpeg

If it's not available through the settings for trips on the dash, her IPC may need updated firmware.     

• 1 month later...

Maybe someone knows the mods for 2006-10, it's just some kind of mystery and there are very few of these mods. I would like to purchase a mod for turning on/off the "dark showroom" function on a Ford Edge 2008 Limited with all-wheel drive

Any mods that are suitable for 1.0 and have an application interest, I'm looking for how to turn on the "dark salon" and "Euro radio", any thoughts!)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 7:54 AM, MEADS72 said:

I have a 2022 edge se . It came without heated steering wheel. I have purchased the steering wheel, clock spring and heated wheel module. I have forescan but cant find an Edge spread sheet on how to turn it on.  Any help would be appreciated.

try this, it is for Mondeo/Fusion but many their mods are working on Edge as well

Enable Heated Steering Wheel Vehicle Support (Requires New Steering Wheel and HSWM Module Installed): Note: Also, HSW needs to be enabled in IPC for Remote Starter and APIM to Turn On/Off when desired  
7A7-01-02 (2013+ MY) xxxX xxxx xxxx For more details, see this thread: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=6598  
(FCIM) 0 (Disabled)      
  8 (Enabled)      

Heated Steering Wheel Temp:        
714-02-01 (2013+ MY) xxXX XXXX xx      
(HSWM) 44 4444 (68º - 2013/2014/2015 Fusion/MKZ Default)      
  4C 4C4C (76ºF)      
  54 5454 (84ºF - 2015 Mondeo Default)      
  58 5858 (88ºF)      
  5A 5A5A (90ºF)      
  5C 5C5C (92ºF - 2016/2017 Fusion Default)      
  5E 5A5E (94ºF)      
  64 6464 (100ºF - 2016/2017 MKZ Default)      
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good day,

I am looking to see if anyone knows how to keep the heated seats and steering wheel on after a remote start and after getting in the vehicle and hitting the start button.  I know about all the remote start settings in the IPC, that's not what I am talking about.  On my 2019 F150 Lariat, after I remote start either in the winter or summer, when I get in the vehicle (after remote starting) the truck will keep the heated steering wheel and seats on after pushing the start button.  Or in the summer it will keep the cooled seats on.  In my 2016 MKX after remote starting and getting in and pushing the start button, the heated seats and wheel turn off.  They work automatically when remote starting but I'd like them to stay on like my truck does.  All IPC settings match in both vehicles, not sure if this is a firmware thing or can be enabled in forscan.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Dallas150 said:

Good day,

I am looking to see if anyone knows how to keep the heated seats and steering wheel on after a remote start and after getting in the vehicle and hitting the start button.  I know about all the remote start settings in the IPC, that's not what I am talking about.  On my 2019 F150 Lariat, after I remote start either in the winter or summer, when I get in the vehicle (after remote starting) the truck will keep the heated steering wheel and seats on after pushing the start button.  Or in the summer it will keep the cooled seats on.  In my 2016 MKX after remote starting and getting in and pushing the start button, the heated seats and wheel turn off.  They work automatically when remote starting but I'd like them to stay on like my truck does.  All IPC settings match in both vehicles, not sure if this is a firmware thing or can be enabled in forscan.  Thanks.

I got it to work on my 2016 Edge as you describe by updating the firmware of the FCIM using ForScan. I have done several years ago so I don't remember the details. However, I do not have a heated steering wheel, so I can't confirm it, but the cooled seats do stay on. Also if I manually start the vehicle, the cooled seats will turn on if they were on last time before turning the engine off. 

Thanks once again @omar302.  Updating the FCIM firmware enabled this feature. 

For those curious my previous files were:

Strategy:      FA1T-14G121-AG    updated to: HA1T-14G121-AE

Calibration: FA1T-14G122-AG    updated to: HA1T-14G122-AE

Files were available on the Ford site.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 9:05 PM, omar302 said:

I got it to work on my 2016 Edge as you describe by updating the firmware of the FCIM using ForScan. I have done several years ago so I don't remember the details. However, I do not have a heated steering wheel, so I can't confirm it, but the cooled seats do stay on. Also if I manually start the vehicle, the cooled seats will turn on if they were on last time before turning the engine off. 

Omar302,

maybe you could help me as well.

I have 2012 Explorer which has touch FCIM (no physical buttons) and which I was unfortunate to brake so my emergency button has crashed and stopped working. I sourced FCIM from same model year Explorer and swapped with the broken one. Everything seems to be working except that it is not really. The fan speed goes to maximum on its own every so often. This happening all the time once vehicle has warmed up (that is the reason I suspecting). To reduce the speed of the fan I can only use FCIM button, if I try to use IPC screen for that, the fan speed goes up right away. It is either bad CB on FCIM  or I need to replace the firmware to match the original one.

BTW, my Explorer never had the option to heat or cool the seats when remote starting which kinda sucks. Maybe my model year did not have that ability and it maybe more involved rather then just a firmware update.

Do you have any thoughts on that?

Edited by redden18

8 hours ago, redden18 said:

Omar302,

maybe you could help me as well.

I have 2012 Explorer which has touch FCIM (no physical buttons) and which I was unfortunate to brake so my emergency button has crashed and stopped working. I sourced FCIM from same model year Explorer and swapped with the broken one. Everything seems to be working except that it is not really. The fan speed goes to maximum on its own every so often. This happening all the time once vehicle has warmed up (that is the reason I suspecting). To reduce the speed of the fan I can only use FCIM button, if I try to use IPC screen for that, the fan speed goes up right away. It is either bad CB on FCIM  or I need to replace the firmware to match the original one.

BTW, my Explorer never had the option to heat or cool the seats when remote starting which kinda sucks. Maybe my model year did not have that ability and it maybe more involved rather then just a firmware update.

Do you have any thoughts on that?

To me it sounds like the replacement FCIM is bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 6:20 PM, Dallas150 said:

Thanks once again @omar302.  Updating the FCIM firmware enabled this feature. 

For those curious my previous files were:

Strategy:      FA1T-14G121-AG    updated to: HA1T-14G121-AE

Calibration: FA1T-14G122-AG    updated to: HA1T-14G122-AE

Files were available on the Ford site.

Are those files available to anyone or it is paid subscription?

If it is free how can I get ones I need?