Fresh Air Intake Mod

GT500R

Managed to get all of them ready for hand fitting, the last step in the fabrication process. I will install each one on my car and do the last bit of trimming and sanding to achieve the best fit. It did rain today, and I need to get busy rain or shine tomorrow, this week is half over already.  There are still both CF and ABS V2s available in this run, PM me if interested. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

This rain is slowing things down. I was able to do everything but the hand fitting. And because my car is outside in the rain I can’t do that. It  hardly ever rains here and this is the first real rain this season. On  Tuesday I thought that it would be a California rain,  meaning it will sprinkle for one hour then it is over with the ground barely getting wet. But this is the real deal it has been raining and off for a few days  now.      I spent yesterday in the garage shop getting the shipping boxes ready and doing some clean up. Today there’s nothing to do but enjoy the rain delay. All I need is one dry day and I can  finish all of them and ship. 
Now is a great time to order as this is the last batch of 2021, and both ABS and CF V2s are still available and the wait time will be short, most wait 6 to 8 weeks. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xtra said:

Great photos, and I am happy you like it. No Worries,I will mail you a couple extra clips to replace the missing one. 

You sir, are the man!

Thank you so much for the insane amount of blood, sweet and tears you put into this.  Such a quality piece and looks so good!  A great touch to the engine bay.  Must have IMO...

It looks like something that came from one of the top manufacturers for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xtra said:

If anyone  was wondering how to obtain a V2 or V3 this is what to do. 
1. Join the forum, it is free. 
2. PM me by clicking on my name or avatar . Then click on the envelope icon. 

it is that easy .

Quess they're free! I'll take 4 ?

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The CF just arrived and it is the wrong thickness. I use 0.120, this material I received is only 0.060 thick. That is half as thick as I use. I contacted my vendor and they are going to replace the CF with the correct product. Only problem is that it has to be made so there is going to be a little delay until the material can be manufactured and shipped. No time was given by the vendor but I think they will fix the problem quickly. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

Today the correct thickness CF material arrived. I am taking it to the plastic shop for vacuum forming and will have another run of  Carbon Fiber V2 intakes available soon. It is a run of 5 and 2 are already reserved. I will also have a few ABS V2 made to reach the minimum order size. .  

• Like 1

Just came back from the plastic shop with 7 CF V2 and 4 black ABS V2. I have a ton of work ahead of me, but first I have to get the V2 back orders filled and shipped . Because I made so many in this run there are both Carbon Fiber and Black ABS V2 available and in stock. PM me if you are interested and want one for your 2015 to 2018 Edge. 

IMG_9563.JPG

• Like 1