Bilstein Shocks for Edge: Don't Hold Your Breath

I contacted Bilstein USA and asked when I could expect shocks to be available for my '17 Edge Sport...They replied: 'Not on the radar at the moment'.....I do not understand this. Bilstein makes shocks for Motor Homes but not for one of the most popular vehicles on the road? I also contacted Ford Motorsport..they do not make anything for the Edge either. Im lowered on H&R Springs and that has made a night and day difference to the handling..A set of good performance shocks would be just the ticket.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I don't think Ford Performance specifically supported anything on the Edge. They closed out and quit supporting the 3.5 Eco Boost last summer. They were selling them off at the best deal I'd ever seen from Ford Performance. It was like 30% off and they threw in the control pack for nothing. I've asked and gotten no answer to future plans.

Just my opinion but I'm not a big fan of Bilstein but it shouldn't be too difficult to find performance shocks for your car.

Edited by I'manedgeowner

I don't think Ford Performance specifically supported anything on the Edge. They closed out and quit supporting the 3.5 Eco Boost last summer. They were selling them off at the best deal I'd ever seen from Ford Performance. It was like 30% off and they threw in the control pack for nothing. I've asked and gotten no answer to future plans.

Just my opinion but I'm not a big fan of Bilstein but it shouldn't be too difficult to find performance shocks for your car.

Edgeowner....Believe it or not there is NOTHING available for the Edge Sport. I've tried everywhere and no luck....

Koni, Bilstein, kyb etc.,...nothing.

2015 edge, 3.5L, shock specs:

Extended length, 26" - 27"

Collapsed length, 15" - 16"

Stroke length, 10.5" - 11"

Bilstein Rear Shocks (Universal): Series B8 5125, Part Numbers; 33-230351, 33-230368, You may need to reuse a lower eye mount insert?

These are not for an 2017 AWD Eco Boost Sport or are they? You should remove a shock and get the above information and most manufacturers will have shocks for you. 5/8 ths lower mount bolt size is usually standard for Ford light truck, utility vehicle aftermarket shocks and the OEM Motorcraft shock is probably metric.

Again, Bilstein makes popular off road shocks but for the street? Not so popular. For what it's worth, I strongly recommend anyone find a different brand shock for the street.

Edited by I'manedgeowner

• 1 year later...

Reviving an "old" thread:  Bilstein apparently does make replacements for the Edge platform (presumably fits MKX also if Motorcraft number fits)

https://cart.bilsteinus.com

Summit Racing carries the product line, so you can check for your specific application.

https://www.summitracing.com

Only B4 and B6 series ATM, no coilovers or springs IIRC.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Reviving an "old" thread:  Bilstein apparently does make replacements for the Edge platform (presumably fits MKX also if Motorcraft number fits)

https://cart.bilsteinus.com

Summit Racing carries the product line, so you can check for your specific application.

https://www.summitracing.com

Only B4 and B6 series ATM, no coilovers or springs IIRC.

Now we need a review of them on the Edge.

• Like 1