BBK 65MM Throttle Body for 2.7 Edge EcoBoost

Xtra

36 minutes ago, snmjim said:

Haven't noted any mention on this forum.

Besides if your not Tuning the majority of engine Mods will not have a significant benefit until the Tune is modified to know it's there and tweaked to take full advantage of it...:victory:

Yea aftermarket support seems to be pretty poor from what I've gathered. I wish there was something like Ecuflash support. I'm not a fan of canned/off the shelf maps but also not a fan of doing pulls on the freeway. My local dynojet shop doesn't want to tune it unless Cobb has an AP for it so I guess its Livernois or Unleashed for me. The throttle body looked like an easy mod though even if its only good for a few whp. 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Tunatime1 said:

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A THROTTLE BODY FOR 2018 EDGE SPORT. THEIR LITERATURE STATES WILL NOT FIT 2018 ? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED 

ART

Did U try looking here?

We put a lot of work N2 making this list available but if people don't apply a little research they miss out on the golden egg...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tunatime1 said:

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A THROTTLE BODY FOR 2018 EDGE SPORT. THEIR LITERATURE STATES WILL NOT FIT 2018 ? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED 

ART

According to few different Ford Online parts stores the edge sport throttle body is compatible from 2015-2019. In all actuality it may look that way on the surface until you do a lil digging and see that some things have change from 2018.5+  I'd suggest calling your favorite Ford parts supplier and inquiring. 9/10 times they will tell you if its compatible or if something has changed. They may ask for your vin.

If it's any point of reference Ford Racing 70mm throttle body is compatible from 2015-2017 suggesting that something may have indeed changed between MY.

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

FYI - The 2019-up 2.7 Edge/Ranger/Mustang/Explorer ST throttle body is NOT compatible with the older Edge Sport/Fusion Sport/Mustang EcoBoost throttle bodies. The motor is marked "DIGITAL OUTPUT" on the 2019-up part while the older one is not marked as such. I believe this is also the reason the 11-14 Coyote TB is not compatible with the 15-up Coyote TB as some have found trying to retrofit the 15-up Coyote 80mm TB onto their 11-17 3.7L V6 Mustangs.

The FRPP/Ford Racing/Ford Performance 70mm TB for the Mustang 2.3 will work on the 2.7 EcoBoost but note that the back of the TB is not actually 70mm. The Ford Racing 2.3 EcoBoost throttle body is actually 65mm at the rear (where it interfaces with the intake manifold) and uses a Ford throttle body motor assembly (wouldn't be surprised if it is the same factory motor used on the stock TB). The front opening is 70mm but tapers down. The stock 2.3/2.7/3.0 EcoBoost throttle body is 61.9mm rear but the 2019-up Edge ST/Ranger/Explorer throttle body motor is marked "DigitalOutput" so I am assuming the earlier ones are analog, which is why the FRPP throttle body is only advertised for 15-17 Mustangs (which used the same stock TB as the Fusion Sport/Edge Sport). I've read a lot of forum posts where people were criticizing the FRPP 70mm TB saying it's too big for the stock manifold, etc... when it is now obvious they actually never looked at one, used one, or measured one.