Intake Fab / Call for Help!

Special_K

So i found a company willing to make an aftermarket intake for our platform. Small issue.....he's in Calorado..... so I would need one of our community members who is local to go by for a day. He said he would be more than willing to give our platform a shot. I have included a recent build fab job he just finished up for the SHO For some reference to his work, i like how his heat shield goes to the hood and uses the stock air scoop for cool air.

He is located in Loveland, Colorado.

Let me know what you all think!

Www.j2fabrication.com

post-47814-0-77049800-1535046315_thumb.jpg

post-47814-0-70711900-1535046324_thumb.jpg

post-47814-0-14880500-1535046334_thumb.jpg

post-47814-0-29665200-1535046346_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Most gains on modern vehicles will be at the higher rev end of the spectrum, just like with high flow air filters. Depends on the engine, but typical is 3000-4000 rpm + band. You can check k&n'd published dyno sheets to see for yourself.

With tuning you can take better advantage of the CAI, definitely. In the case of the GTDI engines, the development of the highflow/efficiency intercooler such as developed by Special_K and snmjim will be a significant advantage and reason to add the CAI, quite like hiflow downpipes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...