Trouble turning on after refuel

edge2013own99

I have a 2013 Ford Edge Limited with around 100k kms on it, and it seems to be running fine.

Though after refuelling, the car has trouble starting up, when turning on the car, the dash will come on but the wheel will remain frozen (as in I can't turn it), after attempting to turn on the car 2-3 times, it will eventually hit a turn on where you will hear the engine cranking for 15-20 seconds and it turns on normally after this. The issue then disappears till next refuel.

Any advice is appreciated.

Based on your cars age, I suspect its the battery. When the battery starts to go, there are momentary blips in communication between the various modules, and weird stuff like this can happen. When my battery started to die, the evap system was the first to throw a fault code. Get the battery and alternator checked.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yeah i have this issue as well . I have the awd sport and when i press the button after fueling, it seems like it turns over but doesnt actually want to turn on. It happens every single time i fill up with gas. It takes at least two times of trying to turn over for the engine to start. Not the battery in my situation because I’ve replaced it 200miles ago