2019 Edge ST Finally got a build date

Fingernip

Good Luck with your arrival date!  My windows sticker and the dealer invoice lists Oct. 16th as the build date and from Oct. 25th till today Dec. 4 it is still listed as "in production" with the delivery date ticking up one day at a time to 22 days now till delivery183311410_EdgeUpdate12218.thumb.png.bdf4063f954195b9891da93b3503c0a8.png.  Go Go Figure!??  Dealer is incensed at Ford and cannot get an answer what is going on.  After talking to many Ford reps and receiving no answer I finally gave up and filed an official complaint with Ford over this fiasco that has been on order since June 13.

34 minutes ago, dacford said:

Good Luck with your arrival date!  My windows sticker and the dealer invoice lists Oct. 16th as the build date and from Oct. 25th till today Dec. 4 it is still listed as "in production" with the delivery date ticking up one day at a time to 22 days now till delivery.  Go Go Figure!??  Dealer is incensed at Ford and cannot get an answer what is going on.  After talking to many Ford reps and receiving no answer I finally gave up and filed an official complaint with Ford over this fiasco that has been on order since June 13.

Did you dealer look it up in WBDO to see if it ever had any status updates? Also do you know what the priority code was? 

1 minute ago, neotechpc said:

Dealer has (theoretically) ordered mine!

How do I get access to this status site you all are mentioning? Would really like to see something other than a 'yup I ordered it' email from my sales guy...

Its a dealer only access site. It is the tool they use to submit and monitor order progress. It has a lot more detail than the VIN tracking site customers have access to. 

The order fulfillment tracking site shows full order history and WBDO has their entire order bank with current status. 

Capture1.thumb.JPG.ef75887bec7e3f17ec3a16cfa2453a7a.JPGCapture.thumb.JPG.5082b4307d68fa93013ea356e6f99ad2.JPG

17 minutes ago, Fingernip said:

Its a dealer only access site. It is the tool they use to submit and monitor order progress. It has a lot more detail than the VIN tracking site customers have access to. 

The order fulfillment tracking site shows full order history and WBDO has their entire order bank with current status.  

Capture1.thumb.JPG.ef75887bec7e3f17ec3a16cfa2453a7a.JPGCapture.thumb.JPG.5082b4307d68fa93013ea356e6f99ad2.JPG

Gotcha; thanks. What about the screenshot that Dacford posted. Is that the VIN only tracking site? Where do I go to get access to that? Thanks!

Fingernip.….Sure, the dealer has that website available and was looking at it last Friday with them and they have NO information other than like I stated it is produced but still listed as being "in production" with no shipment or transfer information.  They seem to think but do not KNOW that there is some kind of "review" or "check' being done on it.  You have my serial number you check it out if you have access.....

22 minutes ago, dacford said:

Fingernip.….Sure, the dealer has that website available and was looking at it last Friday with them and they have NO information other than like I stated it is produced but still listed as being "in production" with no shipment or transfer information.  They seem to think but do not KNOW that there is some kind of "review" or "check' being done on it.  You have my serial number you check it out if you have access.....

It is definitely a concern. Hopefully it wasn't a major quality failure causing rework. I wish they logged recycle work or turnbacks. 

Mine has been “being built” for a week now. The dealer also says it’s strange and likely not accurate. In the mean time I test drive the 1 they got on the lot. It by far exceeded my expectations, no noticeable lag at all. In fact throttle response in sport mode was touchy and rather sensitive. Steering felt heavy and extremely accurate and it cornered very flat and predictably. The seats do feel a little tight but I feel they will break in. Also drivers seat doesn’t lower as far as my 2011 but the steering wheel is more adjustable. 

snowtire....From the (shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status) website????  Mine this morning still shows "in production 10 /25/18" with nothing else checked and according to dealer invoice and window sticker it was build 10 / 16 / 18.   Note attachment shows delivery was estimated to be 11 13 18 and keeps climbing from that point onward to now being 27 more days.  Dealer website originally noted estimated delivery of Nov 7 and since then absolutely nothing for updated information!!  Crazy for sure!!

Vehicle status 12 9 18.png

That is crazy, they must be scanning barcodes as it moves along. With a beer in one hand and the scanner in the other.

I hope it's not because of the leaks/issues.  I won't be holding my breath for an on time delivery .

My dealer says they have no 2019 Edges at all! So my ST if delivered on time will be the only one on the lot.

and will be ogled and driven by curious people. "lets see what it can do!"  But I want to break it in gently to moderately .  My Escape had 8 miles on it .

The dealer said some new cars have 45 miles, depending on factory testing, which gives them time to drive MY car.

I might have to stake out the dealer and watch them do their dealer prep with a good pair of binoculars . Ive seen what they do to brand new STs on youtube videos.

2 hours ago, snowtire said:

That is crazy, they must be scanning barcodes as it moves along. With a beer in one hand and the scanner in the other.

I hope it's not because of the leaks/issues.  I won't be holding my breath for an on time delivery .

My dealer says they have no 2019 Edges at all! So my ST if delivered on time will be the only one on the lot.

and will be ogled and driven by curious people. "lets see what it can do!"  But I want to break it in gently to moderately .  My Escape had 8 miles on it .

The dealer said some new cars have 45 miles, depending on factory testing, which gives them time to drive MY car.

I might have to stake out the dealer and watch them do their dealer prep with a good pair of binoculars . Ive seen what they do to brand new STs on youtube videos.

Wait, you ordered one? Nobody (not even sales people) should drive it. I'd be pissed if it had more than 10 miles! Mine had one test drive by a customer and two by sales people (5 packed in it, then drew straws to see who drove!). With three test drives, there were 29 miles on mine.

No leaks on mine. Built on the 1st day. Fingers crossed (check once a week... maybe should check daily!).

snowtire....Today when I go to download my window sticker it states as attached below.  More CRAZINESS as the WS has been available for download since Oct. 16 build date and I have downloaded it many times for my documentation record on all of this.  I also stopped by my dealer after Church today and closely looked over the seven 2019 Edges they have in stock, all look very good and four of them have build dates after my build date of Oct. 16.  With the 8 other the dealer has in transit maybe somehow mine will tag along although it is not listed on dealers incoming transport list.

VOT Window Sticker 12 9 18.png

4 minutes ago, dacford said:

snowtire....Today when I go to download my window sticker it states as attached below.  More CRAZINESS as the WS has been available for download since Oct. 16 build date and I have downloaded it many times for my documentation record on all of this.  I also stopped by my dealer after Church today and closely looked over the seven 2019 Edges they have in stock, all look very good and four of them have build dates after my build date of Oct. 16.  With the 8 other the dealer has in transit maybe somehow mine will tag along although it is not listed on dealers incoming transport list.

VOT Window Sticker 12 9 18.png

My window sticker is suddenly not available too. I have printed and digital copies. 

Checked again today and I have a new window sticker produced on 12/10/18 and a new production date of 12/9/18. I wonder if a delay caused a push back in builds and someone finally got the system all caught up. I guess we will see if it moves to waiting shipment after a few days. My estimated delivery date hasn't changed though and I see it unlikely to take 15 days from today to arrive.

Update again: Dealer just sent me a text saying the car is built and sitting at the dock waiting for shipment. SO apparently the tracking site is a bit off. 

Edited by Fingernip

Just got a VIN from my dealer.

Placed Order w/ dealer: 11/21/2018

In Order Processing: 11/30/2018

Scheduled On 12/06/2018 for Week of 2/4/2019

Estimated Delivery 2/18/2019 - 2/24/2019

Showing up as 2/24 estimated delivery at https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status but no window sticker either there or at www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin= yet. Any other source for info or window stickers I should check?

My dealer has been very loosey-goosey about the whole ordering process, but I'm glad that I finally have something more concrete.

2 minutes ago, neotechpc said:

Just got a VIN from my dealer.

Placed Order w/ dealer: 11/21/2018

In Order Processing: 11/30/2018

Scheduled On 12/06/2018 for Week of 2/4/2019

Estimated Delivery 2/18/2019 - 2/24/2019

Showing up as 2/24 estimated delivery at https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status but no window sticker either there or at www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin= yet. Any other source for info or window stickers I should check?

My dealer has been very loosey-goosey about the whole ordering process, but I'm glad that I finally have something more concrete.

You wont have your window sticker until around 2/4/19 as its produced once your order queue is pulled for production. 

I did receive a call back (finally) from a Ford "Supervisor", MATT, (12:15 EST) very nice fellow it seemed, he said he would definitely find out what has happened to my ST after it was built Oct. 16, but still lists as being "in production", but could take him several days and he would get back to me!!  It sure appears as though one needs to talk to a "supervisor" as other various calls to even Ford Performance got me no where.  So we shall see what happens this time!!

Sometimes it's just a shipping delay but every once in awhile a vehicle gets held for some unknown reason that Ford either cannot or will not disclose even to the dealer.  It's extremely frustrating for both dealers and customers.

What Ford should do is if they can't ship a vehicle within 2 weeks is to immediately rebuild that vehicle (bumping another one previously scheduled if necessary) and reship it.

In one case the NHTSA pulled a vehicle randomly off the line for crash testing and it turned out to be a sold (retail) vehicle.   NHTSA refused to choose a different vehicle so in that case I think Ford did get the vehicle rebuilt using a special priority code.

On 12/9/2018 at 4:46 PM, snowtire said:

On 12/9/2018 at 6:32 PM, mwilson6192 said:

What do they do (link)?

This one is from a dealer named Mr. Ginger.   Hard Break-in starts at about 18:44 .     I've read that maximum boost pressure will not be attained until over 1000 miles has been logged.

Once the honing marks are worn off of the inside of the cylinder, that ends the break in period in my opinion.

I guess my special order will trump their test drives.    

Edited by snowtire