2019 Edge ST Finally got a build date

Fingernip

I ordered ST June 13 at dealer as soon as they received order material, Ford did not recognize order until July 3. Have had VIN for six weeks or so and supposedly building over several days about now as this Wednesday was first able to obtain window sticker which is correct as ordered except they call it a "Special Order" for some reason?? Tentative dealer arrival date of Nov. 11, shipping out by rail according to window sticker.

• Like 1

Test drove an ST last night ($3k off list, $500 incentive). Not a long or exciting route. Stiffer than a Sport. Still buying one. Another dealer has a 'extra' Ruby Red one (customer ordered but didn't want it??? What!).

Black or Red is the question now (funny reflection in the hood from a light post)

img_2281.jpg?w=400

• Like 1

It’s a special order because you ordered it. It means it’s already sold to a customer as opposed to just dealer stock.

Maybe the production line gives it special treatment...HA! Dealer said "THEIR" stock orders take preference over customer orders for "new" models and Ford decides what models (options) they should stock so those are built first; customer orders come second.

Maybe the production line gives it special treatment...HA! Dealer said "THEIR" stock orders take preference over customer orders for "new" models and Ford decides what models (options) they should stock so those are built first; customer orders come second.

The dealer is correct - sort of.

On new models Ford only builds dealer stock orders until the factory produces error free vehicles for 5 straight days. This might take 5 days or 5 weeks. These dealer stock vehicles are held, inspected and repaired before they are shipped. Sometimes they end up being held at the factory for 1-3 months. Once they reach 4 straight days they give the OK to buy and then retail (sold orders) are built and shipped immediately.

It’s possible one of those stock orders shows up before your retail order but it’s also possible the stock order gets stuck at the factory for an extra month or two or longer.

Sorry about the thread hijack Fingernip!

bobyellow, question for you. You said the ST rode more firmly than your Sport. I see the ST you drove had the 21in wheels, does it also have the summer performance tires? Also, did your Sport have the 21in wheels? Good luck on deciding....I would go for red....just because I cant find time anymore to keep a black vehicle looking nice.

Thanks for the additional detail!

Sorry about the thread hijack Fingernip!

bobyellow, question for you. You said the ST rode more firmly than your Sport. I see the ST you drove had the 21in wheels, does it also have the summer performance tires? Also, did your Sport have the 21in wheels? Good luck on deciding....I would go for red....just because I cant find time anymore to keep a black vehicle looking nice.

Thanks for the additional detail!

Both ST's I drove had the 21" all season tires (brake packages haven't hit the dealers yet).

Got the black one... the 2nd dealer (red one, which looks so sharp!) was sneaky with trade numbers and dealer discounts (didn't match Ford's website) and we just walked out of the dealership.

Got the black one... the 2nd dealer (red one, which looks so sharp!) was sneaky with trade numbers and dealer discounts (didn't match Ford's website) and we just walked out of the dealership.

When you say it didn't match I assume you mean they were showing fewer incentives than Ford? If so I agree - walk away. They're playing games.

However, be aware that Ford has moved to more regional incentives and more often than not you'll get more rebates than what is shown on the national Ford website. If you can find a local dealer that posts the current rebates with their online prices that's the best way to see what's available in your area.

Thanks bobyellow and congrats on the new ride!

Follow up question, did you have the 21in wheel option on your Sport? Wondering if you think the increased stiffness is strictly suspension related or maybe....partly the result of moving from 20in to 21in wheels/tires.

Thanks for your understanding about the continued thread heist Fingernip. I hope your new ride makes it in before the holidays as well.

Ready.Shop.Go Quote was 'off' by $500. In my area, there is $500 cash and an additional $500 for non-Ford Credit loan (or cash).

The salesperson tried to 'explain' that my number was the same as his. I'm not stupid. I could see that he was giving me $500 for a non-Ford Credit loan (at a high % so he could later 'find' a better one and lower the monthly payment). Also, was $2,300 lower in a trade-in.

Dealer #1: $3114 below list. $19,800 trade. $481/mo
Dealer #2: $2413 below list (but only $1913 on quote in dealer). $17500 trade. +$500 for red paint. $600/mo (higher than 1.9% Ford Credit)

Dealer #1 won. I'm sure that #2 would have moved on the trade (#1 did a bit). No movement on the list price though (but I did hear that Ford was giving extra incentives to the dealers. Mine was trying to get some volume in STs so next year, they'd get more).

There were lots of interest in the ST. As I was getting ready to sign papers, another salesperson came by and asked where the ST was. His clients ended up just looking at it while it was getting cleaned up.

• 1 month later...