2019 Edge ST Finally got a build date

Fingernip

On 12/9/2018 at 7:45 PM, bobyellow said:

Wait, you ordered one? Nobody (not even sales people) should drive it. I'd be pissed if it had more than 10 miles! Mine had one test drive by a customer and two by sales people (5 packed in it, then drew straws to see who drove!). With three test drives, there were 29 miles on mine.

No leaks on mine. Built on the 1st day. Fingers crossed (check once a week... maybe should check daily!).

Hopefully everyone will look but not touch.

14 hours ago, Fingernip said:

Checked again today and I have a new window sticker produced on 12/10/18 and a new production date of 12/9/18. I wonder if a delay caused a push back in builds and someone finally got the system all caught up. I guess we will see if it moves to waiting shipment after a few days. My estimated delivery date hasn't changed though and I see it unlikely to take 15 days from today to arrive.

Update again: Dealer just sent me a text saying the car is built and sitting at the dock waiting for shipment. SO apparently the tracking site is a bit off. 

Fingernip,   I wonder if in transit means it is actually en-route on the truck. I don't know why it would take even 12 days to arrive at my dealer from Ontario. Sounds like Dacford's ST has been used in a crash test, or has been stolen.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see who takes delivery first between the three of us.  

6 hours ago, snowtire said:

Fingernip,   I wonder if in transit means it is actually en-route on the truck. I don't know why it would take even 12 days to arrive at my dealer from Ontario. Sounds like Dacford's ST has been used in a crash test, or has been stolen.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see who takes delivery first between the three of us.  

The system finally updated and now the delivery date has been pushed back another week. Estimated delivery is now 1/1/19 another holiday lol. 

tIf Ford "Supervisor" keeps his promise I should know what happened to my ST by Wednesday afternoon, if even they can find out??!!  Of course on the website each day that goes by my delivery date keeps climbing by one (now 28 days, with no actual delivery date) while it is still listed as being "in production".  I am curious if snowtire and Fingernip have "special order" listed in a small box along with build date on bottom of window sticker as mine does???

36 minutes ago, dacford said:

tIf Ford "Supervisor" keeps his promise I should know what happened to my ST by Wednesday afternoon, if even they can find out??!!  Of course on the website each day that goes by my delivery date keeps climbing by one (now 28 days, with no actual delivery date) while it is still listed as being "in production".  I am curious if snowtire and Fingernip have "special order" listed in a small box along with build date on bottom of window sticker as mine does???

Yes, my window sticker lists it as "special order". Also my original build date was 12/1/18 and the window sticker reflected that date. When the system failed to update it actually deleted my window sticker and updated my build date to 12/9/18 and created a new window sticker dated 12/10/18. I'm wondering if my car got picked to crash test or there was a quality fault that caused it to be pulled from the line. 

My build date (10 16 18) on the WS has never changed from the first date the WS was available which was 10 16 18.  The date stamp of the WS print and each weekly refresh of course changes and now mine is 12 10 18 as well.  My original build date notices and the delivery estimate notices  did change numerous times up until 10 16 18 build date and then on 10 25 18 the website started to show "in production" and has ever since while the last delivery date estimate of Nov. 13 never happened, and the delivery keeps ticking up one day at a time ever since without listing a date anymore.  The website is a CRAZY mixed up affair; UNLESS that is actually how the Oakville plant operates!?

Fingernip…..The website appears to be working as it should or supposed to for your ST.  You ordered it Sept 19th if I remember correctly??  No new info here only that my page jumped up to 30 days till delivery as of this evening.  I suppose I should have been patient until it clicks off 100 days!

1 minute ago, dacford said:

Fingernip…..The website appears to be working as it should or supposed to for your ST.  You ordered it Sept 19th if I remember correctly??  No new info here only that my page jumped up to 30 days till delivery as of this evening.  I suppose I should have been patient until it clicks off 100 days!

I genuinely hope this is resolved for you. You might be better of looking for a car on a lot. Or trying a new dealer. 

2 hours ago, Fingernip said:

I genuinely hope this is resolved for you. You might be better of looking for a car on a lot. Or trying a new dealer. 

I wonder at what point are we allowed to get our deposit back.  I put $500.00 down.

Not Rated

OAK-001185

IL

2019 EDGE ST AWD

EXTERIOR

5-PASSENGER

FORD PERFORMANCE BLUE MET

2.7L V6 ECOBOOST ENGIN

41C 095

RC73

SOLD TO

RAMP ONE

SHIP TO

(IF OTHER THAN SOLD TO)

RAMP TWO

SHIP THROUGH

$43,845.00

FINAL ASSEMBLY PLANT

OAKVILLE

METHOD OF TRANSP.

RAIL

ITEM #:

41-J100 O/T 1

11 29 18

SPECIAL ORDER     ***************

snowtire.....As long as not weird order most dealers around here not care as long as buy something from them.  IF my ST doesn't come through will just pick up an Edge Titanium; plenty available or I know of at least 50 ST around MN but not like I ordered, might grab one of those.  My dealer will trade any where to get what one wants.  I have had three Edge and they are good all around just thought little more power and improved handling would be good.  I am spoiled by the power and handling of my F-150 with the 3.5 PIDI EB engine.

On 12/11/2018 at 8:25 PM, dacford said:

Interesting, seems like couple people here are having same issue I am. I ordered my vehicle back in July with brake package, got the VIN# in matter of weeks after dealer put order through when books opened up, and I still don't have my vehicle. It was built 10/26/18 and has been sitting in Ontario since. Was supposed to be delivered beginning/mid November. Dealer has been trying to find out what's going on, but no feedback from Ford. Dealer thinks may be a rail problem. Extremely frustrating as all the ST's without the brake package are being delivered left and right to the same dealer and others around me.

WS6Fury....Mine does NOT have brake package and is rather basic 400A with Nav / Adapt Cruise & block heater, ingot silver.  I have been thinking it was too basic for Ford and they are filling 401A loaded builds as make extra $$$$ on them.  I have no need for the other packages beyond standard since it has Ford Pass which allows one to use phone to communicate with vehicle.  I did receive call-back from Ford "Supervisor" this afternoon as he promised Monday morning;  he was still working on finding out what's going on but running into obstacles!

Just fyi my special order was placed on 9/17. 401A/Performance Brake Package/Cold Weather/Cargo/Ford Blue.  Production on 11/19, shipped via rail on 11/27.  The delivery date was jumping closer every few days from 12/16 to 12/12, 12/10 and was delivered on 12/8.  I know that there was another ST with brake package delivered before mine in white the week before.

Hope you all hear soon whats causing the delay.

12 minutes ago, CBRad said:

Just fyi my special order was placed on 9/17. 401A/Performance Brake Package/Cold Weather/Cargo/Ford Blue.  Production on 11/19, shipped via rail on 11/27.  The delivery date was jumping closer every few days from 12/16 to 12/12, 12/10 and was delivered on 12/8.  I know that there was another ST with brake package delivered before mine in white the week before.

Mine was ordered same day and built same day with everything but brake pack but has yet to be delivered. 

The Ford "Supervisor" just called me at noon here Friday on my ST that he has been trying to find out what happened to since Monday morning and he is having NO luck either, said he will get back to me next Wednesday the 19th!!  Go figure when even a head honcho with Ford cannot find things out very easily.  Mean time the website doesn't change from being "in production" Oct. 25th and the time to delivery moving up to 32 days.

I wish the best for you. I don't mean to alarm you, but this doesn't sound good. In my case, it took an escalation to a Regional Ford CSM on Day 14 to get someone's attention, and from there is took to Day 21 to find out the magnitude of the multiple defects on my Edge ST. I am at Day 38 as I write this. If it is anything like our experience, getting parts seems to be the common theme for a repair. The difference is your vehicle never was shipped (apparently).

Perblue….Talked to my dealer sales manager this late afternoon and he said he tried every day this week to find out what happened and got NOTHING back; same as the Ford Corporate Supervisor.  He said that he just had an F-150 stolen in transit and smashed up as well as had experience with NTSB pulling vehicle off assembly line to crash test and in both cases Ford informed him rather quickly by sending special notice by certified letter and apologizing.   He can't figure mine out other than probably as you say it is on some kind of hold to recalibrate or inspect???  And as the Ford Holiday sales ad playing now states, "Ford checks & rechecks every vehicles code to be sure its built right!!    WE HOPE!!!   Funny thing is numerous ST around here have been built few days before mine and up to two weeks after mine and they have all arrived at dealerships as well as MANY regular 19 Edge SE, SEL or Titanium.  Go Figure!!

What usually happens is they find a specific problem or two (or the potential for a problem) with a part or factory equipment so they go back and inspect any vehicles that might be affected.   There may be nothing at all wrong with those 7000 STs but they want to check to be sure.  Or it may be a simple part swap.   Ford probably won’t say.   Hopefully it will be a quick process.