Traffic Icons in Sync 3 Nav Screen

Does anyone know where to find what the Traffic Icons in Sync 3 mean?

The reason I ask is that I have the Icons enabled, and pretty much ignored them until Thursday. I was following my GPS to a place about 12 miles away, when the GPS went nuts. It started telling me to go on all local roads instead of the I-515 Interstate, and it lit up icons all over the screen. So I ignored it, and headed for the Interstate.

Big mistake. It was rush hour, and I-515 had a major accident, and traffic was screwed. Finally got to my destination, taking twice as long as it should have taken.

So I realized that I had no clue as to what all those Icons actually meant.

The Sync 3 manual says this:

You can choose to display traffic icons on
the map representing twelve different
types of incidents. See Settings (page?

So where does it show what these 12 icons actually mean? I've been searching since Thursday, no luck.

Here are 2 pics that show the different icons, and the only one I'm sure of is the shovel, LOL.

post-32152-0-96563800-1540091475_thumb.jpg

post-32152-0-42739100-1540091493_thumb.jpg

Thank you, I just tried it and you are 100% correct. I could decipher 4 different icons in my area today.

Now, I still would like to see this printed somewhere, so that I can know what all 12 icons mean. If they don't show up on the screen, you don't know what they could be. 12 different types of traffic incidents? Yikes.

I guess that means turn on your radio for traffic info, but that's pretty useless without the frequency.

Usually, there is a radio channel dedicated to traffic and road conditions only (we do have in Calgary), so "Turn on Radio" would mean switch to that channel for important or emergency news or maybe there is one among the Sirius channels...

Were is the information coming from? Sync or Sirius? Does Sync regularly update with a central hub? Or is this the paid subscription service that Ford offers?

Traffic info comes from Sirius only since there is no TMC on Ford vehicles in North America. Some get Sirius traffic free for 5 years (States only? havent heard about Canada) otherwise it is paid subscription