Had to call the dealer, but he gave me my vin today.

snowtire

Just called the dealer and he gave me my VIN. He never heard of a tracking website.

I ordered it on 10/2  and they estimate arrival at the dealer on 12/17/2018.

It will be a blue 400a  with Standard co-pilot 360 (not co-pilot 360 +) .

I wanted a Titanium with a 2.7 V6  but ?

I

10 week delivery seems longer than previous orders, wonder what the hold up at the factory has been.  Even our local dealers only have 1 ST delivery (out of about 10 dealers).  As long as they get it built right guess it doesn't matter tho :)  Enjoy yours, that blue color looks great in the few real pics I've seen.

The "new" as of September Ford customer order tracking website (https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status)  does not appear to be functioning properly as today it shows mine still in production as of Oct. 25, while estimating delivery at my MN dealer tomorrow.  That is Tuesday the 13th, and I ordered it June 13!!  My ST window sticker has a date on it of Oct. 16th and when compared to my other Fords that w-sticker date matches up with the build date shown on the door jam sticker.  So we shall see what tomorrow or maybe Christmas brings!!

On 8 novembre 2018 at 11:07 AM, MrHappy said:

... "that blue color looks great in the few real pics I've seen"...

Wow…I'm jealous!… :wub: I saw a blue one at my dealer last week and it was simply gorgeous! :drool:When I think about it, I sometimes feel like trading my Titanium for one, but I don't because I feel it wouldn't be reasonable to trade an almost new vehicle with low miles on it... 

Claude.

Used vehicle values are at pretty solid highs but it'd be tough to eat that equity loss without a crazy trade value and immensely discounted purchase price, I agree.  The color changes quite a bit based on the lighting too...at night it looks totally different than in the day and sunny vs cloudy... kind of cool.  (Sorry, not to rub it in) :)

Finally got my VIN and a build date of Dec 31st from an order date in July.

Sucks that Canadians get pushed out, but at least I have a date now.

My VIN doesn't show anything under this tool -  https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/.

Is there no other way to use the VIN to look up build/ship dates anymore?

Edited by Rimcrim

2 hours ago, Rimcrim said:

Finally got my VIN and a build date of Dec 31st from an order date in July.

Sucks that Canadians get pushed out, but at least I have a date now.

My VIN doesn't show anything under this tool -  https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/.

Is there no other way to use the VIN to look up build/ship dates anymore?

Only if you have access to Ford's internal site.

It will eventually show up when you get closer to the build date (mine did) and then as well you will be able to download your window sticker.  Exactly how many days before I am not sure of??  Anyway mine has now ticked down to the delivery date with NO delivery and is now counting back up again from 1 to now 6 days till delivery, adds an extra each day that goes by.  It is real crazy and a mixed up affair for sure; I have complained to Ford and they will say nothing about why the tracking does not work properly....all they say is talk to your dealer.  My dealer says they have vehicles that were due in early Sept that still have not arrived and have no idea where they are or as well my vehicle that was ordered June 13th.