Ford Edge ST / Sport Exhaust AfterMarket

vmaxbaby

So I have contacted Borla, Gibson, Magna Flow, and Flow Master and Ford Racing, about a cat back system for the edge sports and specificity  the Edge ST.    After all this vehicle is a " Ford Performance Vehicle" however the exhaust note sounds the same as a Focus SE exhaust outside of the car.  (Then there is that awful pumped in sound in the cabin...that is another story)

They are know about the Ford Edge and the ST but what they all said was they need to see an interest in aftermarket exhaust before they put in the time and research to make something and than have only a few people buy it.   Unlike the Mustang, ST Focus, RS, Trucks, they know there is allot of sales for those vehicles and most like a different sound than stock.  What the guy told me at Borla (who also makes ford racing exhaust I have been told) is when people call in to ask about a specific application that make a note of it and it they get allot of requests than that is when they decide if it makes sense to do the work to design one.  That all makes sense as a business decision so I understand.   So with that said he suggest that if people are interested to call them and ask if they are going to make an exhaust and if they get enough calls it makes them realize there is a demand for it.  Not sure who all is buying the ST but I figure most of the guys on here wouldn't  be Mad if their exhaust was a little more sporty.  I myself am buying an ST as my daily driver because I need something bigger than my Escape (which I did put a magnaflow exhaust on)  but I still would like a few mods for it and exhaust is top of the list.  I don't want it to sound like a honda civic with one of those coffee can exhausts on it but just something a little deeper.  I have a GT500 with American Racing Long Tubes, No Cats, and 3 inch all the way back to the mufflers so I have something else in the garage that wakes up the neighbors..LOL but for the ST I would just like a nice exhaust sound. 

So if you all feel the same way I suggest give them a call and express you would be interested in a aftermarket exhaust system. 

Borla 1-877-462-6752   http://www.borla.com

Magnaflow  1-800-990-0905   http://www.magnaflow.com

Gibson Exhaust  1-800-528-3044   http://www.gibsonperformance.com

FlowMaster  1-707-544-4761  http://www.flowmastermufflers.com

MRT Exhaust  1-734-455-5807  http://www.shopmrt.com

UPDATE:  1/20/2019

MRT has officially got an exhaust for the ST Edge

https://www.shopmrt.com/Default.asp

(734) 455-5807

(734) 455-5807

Edited by vmaxbaby
New Update
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vmaxbaby said:

So I have contacted Borla, Gibson, Magna Flow, and Flow Master and Ford Racing, about a cat back system for the edge sports and specificity  the Edge ST.    After all this vehicle is a " Ford Performance Vehicle" however the exhaust note sounds the same as a Focus SE exhaust outside of the car.  (Then there is that awful pumped in sound in the cabin...that is another story)

They are know about the Ford Edge and the ST but what they all said was they need to see an interest in aftermarket exhaust before they put in the time and research to make something and than have only a few people buy it.   Unlike the Mustang, ST Focus, RS, Trucks, they know there is allot of sales for those vehicles and most like a different sound than stock.  What the guy told me at Borla (who also makes ford racing exhaust I have been told) is when people call in to ask about a specific application that make a note of it and it they get allot of requests than that is when they decide if it makes sense to do the work to design one.  That all makes sense as a business decision so I understand.   So with that said he suggest that if people are interested to call them and ask if they are going to make an exhaust and if they get enough calls it makes them realize there is a demand for it.  Not sure who all is buying the ST but I figure most of the guys on here wouldn't  be Mad if their exhaust was a little more sporty.  I myself am buying an ST as my daily driver because I need something bigger than my Escape (which I did put a magnaflow exhaust on)  but I still would like a few mods for it and exhaust is top of the list.  I don't want it to sound like a honda civic with one of those coffee can exhausts on it but just something a little deeper.  I have a GT500 with American Racing Long Tubes, No Cats, and 3 inch all the way back to the mufflers so I have something else in the garage that wakes up the neighbors..LOL but for the ST I would just like a nice exhaust sound

So if you all feel the same way I suggest give them a call and express you would be interested in a aftermarket exhaust system. 

Borla 1-877-462-6752   www.borla.com

Magnaflow  1-800-990-0905   www.magnaflow.com

Gibson Exhaust  1-800-528-3044   www.gibsonperformance.com

FlowMaster  1-707-544-4761  www.flowmastermufflers.com

I'd just build my own, waiting on all them will have you waiting till 2030 rolls around

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I called Gibson exhaust today just to check in to see if they have plans for an exhaust..He said am the 10 person that has called about it.  His answer is they don't know yet they are waiting to see how many people would be interested.  I am a big fan of Borla as well so I called them and got the same response which is the more people ask about something the more they would consider building a Cat back.  His logic and really all of the companies are this:  They don't want to spend allot of time and effort to  R&D on a product and than sell 4 systems.   So if your not happy with the sound of the ST exhaust start to knock on the doors of the companies above.

So I just called MF and the tech said that part # is for a edge but his tech sheet said it would not work for a 17-18-19 Edge Sport/ST  he didn't know it won't work but he said it wasn't made for that year edge.  I ask him if they were going to make one and he said yes but it would be a year away since they are working on other vehicles.  I am guessing since they don't have one for a sport 17-18 that it will be longer than a year.  Sadly no shop around here does stainless or mandrel bent exhaust and from what I am getting from calling all these exhaust shops is the ST edge is not a big enough seller for anyone to care about it.  Reason why their isn't any CAI for the car.  Tell them you have a ST focus or Fiesta and everyone comes out of the wood work with an exhaust.  Even the Explorer Sport they made an exhaust but the Edge shares space with the misfit toys that are on their own island I guess.  I hate having a car I can't buy parts for and I have changed about everything I can on my mustang :(

The sales person at MF said with a minor modification it could work but they can't say for sure unless they got one in their shop to test.  He also said anyone that is close to them could sign up to have their vehicle used for measurements and fit and than if the exhaust is made that person would get it at a reduced price.  This is the same for just about any company out there.  JLT makes intakes and have seen them asking before for certain vehicles,  I was a tester for HURST shifters years ago for a vehicle I had,  they made me sign a legal doc that I would not post up results, pictures, etc...I had to fill out a form weekly with updates on what I liked didn't like, issues, etc and when they finally released the product I got one for free which was cool. 

But back to the exhaust thing if any of you out there have the ST and are near one of the major exhaust companies and would like an aftermarket exhaust call them and ask if you could bring your car in for a fitting?   I live in VA so sadly won't be able to help and won't have a ST until after winter is done here.  ( my OCD won't let me buy a new car in the winter, can't keep it clean enough) 

Anything can made to fit anything with the right amount of money. Intake...meh.

Nobody is going to pay the $5-800 That a proper intake will cost. Its pretty evident too cause this motor has been out since 2015 and now sits in two vehicles and STILL no proper intake. Plus if power is what your after, intake should be last on list.

Edited by Nick Halstead

I understand... my 3 goto is intake-exhaust-tune.    Put an Intake on my 2014 escape that is 2 liter turbo and magnaflow cat back at the same time and not sure which of the two did it but it picked up low end torque, enough that on cool days when I stand on it she will spin while it is shifting to 2nd.  (FWD Escape)  it is surprising how good it runs with just those two mods.. and I put a pedal commander on it as well but that was later on.  

• 1 month later...