2019 Owners initial impression review

Here is a spot to jot down your initial thoughts of your new 2019 Edge / Edge ST. Look your ride over real well and let us know what you see / think about the "as delivered" condition of your new Edge. If you have an issue please let us know what that is and what it takes to get it corrected. Follow up reports would be nice as well.

edge titanium.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm a new Edge ST owner with 543 miles on it so far.

I had originally ordered a Titanium on July 15 which was built on Nov 7 but still has not arrived at the dealership.  I regularly checked the dealer's website and saw that they had a blue ST 401A with break package listed at a tremendous discount so I went over and cancelled the Titanium and bought the ST.

My first impression was the steering was very tight and quick and the ride was ridged.  When I got it home and started checking everything I noticed the sunshade did not open correctly so the next day I went back to the dealership, after inspecting it they said that the track on one side was defective and they would need two days to replace it due to needing to remove the headliner to get to it.  When the part came in I dropped it off then on the second day I called to see if it would be ready before the end of the day and they said NO the wrong part was delivered but the correct part should be here today.  On the third day they called me and asked if I could wait another week because they were backed up with out of state work with people that came to Florida for the holiday and there cars were down.  So I said OK and now am waiting to get it back in to have that repair done.  The other thing I noticed is that the lane assist bias is not equal.  It works very good on the right side but the left or centerline of he road is very poor, many times it will go from green to yellow to red as it crosses the line with no pull back into your lane. My wife had a 2013 MKZ and now a 2016 MKZ both with lane assist so I know how it should react.  MPG so far has been staying between 23 & 24 which I am pleased with considering the advertised horsepower. 

This vehicle was meant to replace my 2008 Escape limited with 1/4 million trouble free miles on it.  But due to the mileage and without even looking at it they said it would only bring about $500 for trade in, so I decided to keep it for the dirty or tough jobs that I don't want to do with the new one or when I need to carry something long since the ST does not have an opening rear glass or even roof racks due to the damn panoramic vista sunroof.  

Overall I think I will like the vehicle but this is just my first impression in the first 543 miles.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gthims said:

Hi, I'm a new Edge ST owner with 543 miles on it so far.

I had originally ordered a Titanium on July 15 which was built on Nov 7 but still has not arrived at the dealership.  I regularly checked the dealer's website and saw that they had a blue ST 401A with break package listed at a tremendous discount so I went over and cancelled the Titanium and bought the ST.

Would you mind sharing the tremendous discount price?

3 hours ago, gthims said:

Since it was posted publicly on their website I will. The MSRP was $51,630 and the online price was $43,946 after a $5639 instant discount and the Ford $2045 discount.  When searching other local dealerships, within 100 miles, none came even close to that offer.

Good luck with it, and join me here: