Finally got my Edge ST yesterday

Jim AZ

Been waiting for this since it was announced.  They are sure hard to find. LOVE it so far. 401A package and 21” tires. platinum white 

Very different attitudes and strategies on this from dealers. Shop around.

my usual Ford Dealer wanted MSRP + $2,500. No negotiation.  That didn’t t happen. Found exactly what I wanted elsewhere. 

-Jim

EC2CF7E5-83FA-4635-B36B-BEB9B5F4AF99.jpeg

• Like 2

Local dealer here always very aggressive, for example 2018 Edge with List of $42874 has discount of $9969, 2019 Edge with List of $42505 has discount of $5419.  My ST only one on special order and expect would get the $5,000 discount when arrives, if it ever arrives!!  Very few ST have arrived yet in MN...

20 hours ago, Jim AZ said:

Been waiting for this since it was announced.  They are sure hard to find. LOVE it so far. 401A package and 21” tires. platinum white 

Very different attitudes and strategies on this from dealers. Shop around.

my usual Ford Dealer wanted MSRP + $2,500. No negotiation.  That didn’t t happen. Found exactly what I wanted elsewhere. 

-Jim

Agreed on shopping around. Some in my area are straight MSRP, others $1k, $2k and even $3k off.

Correct.  Z and A plans are the same from a money standpoint and offer the biggest (preset) discounts plus any incentives available and preset fees.  X plan is for friends of Ford employee's or retirees and is usually around invoice, give or take, and is sometimes better than what you can negotiate and other times not (depends on the dealer and vehicle).  The plans do offer the dealer more hold back money which in turn can allow them to "over allow" on trade values if they choose.