too many forums

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge forum is the foundation, no need for a specific ST forum. That just means that ST owners have to view 2 different sites to see if something is happening to a sport (and vice versa) also or etc. Then we have Edge ST Forums, another ghost town. 3 sites, for 1 vehicle that has the aftermarket support of a ipod nano.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, 1004ron said:

If a new forum/site has been created for the ST model, why bother to maintain a subsection for that model on this forum/site?

I think your missing the main emphasis, Why would you want to go to 3 different sites, create 3 different accounts to view information on the same vehicle when you could just go to the page you have been going to for years? Then your also limited to just that trim level topics, here..you have the whole generation to view for information that is going to be the same other than powertrain. It's like being a mailman at an apartment complex, why go door to door for mail, when you can just put the mailboxes in one location.

25 minutes ago, akirby said:

Just so you guys know I have nothing whatsoever to do with the website organization, sub forums or other websites.

I know...just the giant banner and the fact I was already on the other ST forum made me be like...wtf, we don't need info scattered all over the web, we need it centralized for ease of access

6 minutes ago, Nick Halstead said:

I think your missing the main emphasis, Why would you want to go to 3 different sites, create 3 different accounts to view information on the same vehicle when you could just go to the page you have been going to for years? Then your also limited to just that trim level topics, here..you have the whole generation to view for information that is going to be the same other than powertrain. It's like being a mailman at an apartment complex, why go door to door for mail, when you can just put the mailboxes in one location.

I think I  share your opinions - keep it to just this forum/site -  I wouldn't bother clicking on the alternate site, let alone create another ID and PW for it.

The owner of this site must own the other splinter sites seeing as the other sites were promoted here, and I suspect doing this is more to do with revenue generation than a harmonious group of auto enthusiasts. 

4 hours ago, 1004ron said:

I think I  share your opinions - keep it to just this forum/site -  I wouldn't bother clicking on the alternate site, let alone create another ID and PW for it.

The owner of this site must own the other splinter sites seeing as the other sites were promoted here, and I suspect doing this is more to do with revenue generation than a harmonious group of auto enthusiasts. 

indeed, more sites=more advertisement possibilities for income

• Like 1