Ford Edge Common Problems

Rayan

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Rayan said:

Thank you all for your input! I picked up a 2015 Edge Sport and love it! As mentioned the brakes are quite sensitive on it and the power fold button and power outlet in the trunk do not work. 

The power plug in the back seat probably doesn't work also. Atleast that's how it was in my 13 when my trunk one fried both times. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We have a 2015 and really it was all cosmetic things that were taken care of under warranty. We purchased ours in late October after the water intrusion was fixed. We also had the brake booster replaced under warranty (under the TSB) for sensitivity. No mechanical issues to speak of plenty happy. Wish we had sync 3 is all which came in 2016 and newer. 

• Like 2

On 4/23/2019 at 11:47 AM, Rayan said:

You are correct, my power plug does not work either! How did you fix it?

Whoops, just noticed this post was from April this year.  Just a guess you've already sorted that problem out. 

For anyone else who might have this problem check the fuse first.  Getting to it may be a challenge.  Check your owner's manual to determine the location (number) of the power point fuse.  Remove the drawer on the dash to the left of the steering wheel.  To do that open the drawer then, with palm up, reach into the drawer opening and pull straight back on the top of the housing (not the drawer itself).  You'll hear a click and the entire assembly will come free.  Now you can look through that opening at the fuse box.  Reach up under the dash to extract and replace fuses.   Note: the 2nd gen Edge uses micro blade fuses. 

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, Gadgetjq said:

Whoops, just noticed this post was from April this year.  Just a guess you've already sorted that problem out. 

For anyone else who might have this problem check the fuse first.  Getting to it may be a challenge.  Check your owner's manual to determine the location (number) of the power point fuse.  Remove the drawer on the dash to the left of the steering wheel.  To do that open the drawer then, with palm up, reach into the drawer opening and pull straight back on the top of the housing (not the drawer itself).  You'll hear a click and the entire assembly will come free.  Now you can look through that opening at the fuse box.  Reach up under the dash to extract and replace fuses.   Note: the 2nd gen Edge uses micro blade fuses. 

Great thing to check, mine ended up being that somehow the wiring harness to the power outlet and buttons for the seat had become unplugged behind the trim. Weird because the car has never been in a accident, but it is all fixed now!

• Like 1